Sweet hockey goal

fly said:
I'm not surprised that you would pick a boring sport.

It takes a moderate amount of intelligence combined with an attention span greater then your average 12 year old ot appreciate America's sport.

smileynev said:
It takes a moderate amount of intelligence combined with an attention span greater then your average 12 year old ot appreciate America's sport.

Hit ball, run one way. Decide whether or not you want to run next direction earlier or after batter hits. Switch horrible hitters for better hitters and horrible runners for better runners.

That's offense.

Don't let batter hit the ball and if he does, catch the ball before it goes to fast.

That's defense

Coqui said:
Hit ball, run one way. Decide whether or not you want to run next direction earlier or after batter hits. Switch horrible hitters for better hitters and horrible runners for better runners.

That's offense.

Don't let batter hit the ball and if he does, catch the ball before it goes to fast.

That's defense

Thats like saying chess is about moving pieces to capture the king. Don't let your king get captured.

smileynev said:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3736514?GT1=6667

Do you seriously think baseball is still the All American Sport? Look around at the palyers most of them are from the Dominican Republic or Japan. :mad:

Football, Real Men...Real American's (with the occasional European kicker thrown in for good taste) :heart:

smileynev said:
Thats like saying chess is about moving pieces to capture the king. Don't let your king get captured.

To be good at chess requires anticipating numerous moves at once and all possible scenarios.

To be good at baseball doesn't require intelligence. The GM may need it moreso than everyone else, but you don't have to be smart to play baseball.

Coqui said:
To be good at chess requires anticipating numerous moves at once and all possible scenarios.

To be good at baseball doesn't require intelligence. The GM may need it moreso than everyone else, but you don't have to be smart to play baseball.

You obviously do not understand the game.

Coqui said:
I played it for a few years, I'm pretty sure I understand it.

Not well enough if you dismiss it like you have. The intricacies of a well played baseball game are as enjoyable to watch as anything in sports.

Arátoeldar said:
i agree with nev about baseball. I would rather watch a pitchers duel then some home run fest game. The same goes for football(soccer) which is why I hate indoor soccer.

The one good thing that soccer has going is that its not a whorish scoring fest. Of course it would be nice if one team would score once and a while. And I don't mean with each other. In the shower. After the game.

smileynev said:
The one good thing that soccer has going is that its not a whorish scoring fest. Of course it would be nice if one team would score once and a while. And I don't mean with each other. In the shower. After the game.
*in