Halp SURPRISE, HERE IS YOUR BOX OF AIDS!

So why should we embrace the community if the end result is? If anyone wants to be treated with respect and taken seriously then this isn't the way to do it.
don't have to embrace, but don't have to discriminate against. And it doesn't matter the end result. It's the equality NOW part, not that in the future there will be a lot more HIV related deaths by a certain segment. It's how you treat them NOW that matters.

I didn't want to talk about this anymore, but here I go.

Straight couples do not have as much as as gay couples. Straight couples do not have as much random sex as gay couples. Straight couples do not have as much polygamous sex a gay couples. And if only 1% of your population is infected and you don't do as many activities that could spread the virus, yes there is much less to worry about. When you are doing more activities that can spread AND there are 20% of your prospective partners positive, there is much much more to worry about.

Then stop having risky sex. How is this difficult to get?

Do that for a few years, the % of infected population will plummet.

don't have to embrace, but don't have to discriminate against. And it doesn't matter the end result. It's the equality NOW part, not that in the future there will be a lot more HIV related deaths by a certain segment. It's how you treat them NOW that matters.

But it comes across like you're a bunch of fucking savages. And who wants that? Its hard to fight for something so ugly.

HIV-infected people are not murderers or attempted murderers and should not be assumed they are or treated that they are. Well most of them anyway, a vast majority of them anyway.

But it comes across like you're a bunch of fucking savages. And who wants that? Its hard to fight for something so ugly.

Discrimination by moral judgement. same story, different target.

HIV-infected people are not murderers or attempted murderers and should not be assumed they are or treated that they are. Well most of them anyway, a vast majority of them anyway.

I don't believe anyone is saying that.

would you shoot up cancer cells if it made you orgasm? pretty much on par. get a grip that's not on your penis.

I'm not so sure dave is representing the gay community very well here. He's making it sound like all gay people participate in this fucked up underworld of kinky sex and degraded morals. It's really not the case. I mean, if we all go out and look in our communities we'll find an element of the straight population that engages in this sort of risky behavior too, but they also aren't the norm. I know tons of gay people and dave is the only one I know that is worried about catching the hiv.

Dave, I think you need to reconsider this lifestyle. It's worrisome. it's not like anyone here didn't grow up with the risk of hiv hanging over us. We all figured out how to use condoms and choose our partners wisely. Hell, I went through a period where I wouldn't sleep with someone without them getting tested first. Made for some interesting first dates at the clinic.

My point is that people are human and emotional beings. You're painting an ugly picture. No one is going to fight for a group of people trying to kill puppies either.

This is my point exactly. If you want to be seen as someone in the norm then act like someone in the norm. Don't do stuff to support the already negative stereotypes that are out there. Like Fly said this is nothing about sexual orientation, race, etc it's about standing up for someone who is willing to prove they deserve it. Behavior like this is not normal and I really hope that any comments made here about lifestyle and choices only reflect you and your set of friends and not the community as a whole. If they do not then I'm sorry but you're never going to be accepted in full. I'm 100% for people being free and able to do what the choose but with those choices you have to be willing to accept the cause and effect. If someone chooses to live their life as a nudist I'm 100% for that choice but also understand that making that choice means they may be omitted from other items because of that choice. You can't make choices and comments like this thread and then turn around and play the victim to society. We love you man and none of this is meant to be in a negative way.

I'm not so sure dave is representing the gay community very well here. He's making it sound like all gay people participate in this fucked up underworld of kinky sex and degraded morals. It's really not the case. I mean, if we all go out and look in our communities we'll find an element of the straight population that engages in this sort of risky behavior too, but they also aren't the norm. I know tons of gay people and dave is the only one I know that is worried about catching the hiv.

Dave, I think you need to reconsider this lifestyle. It's worrisome. it's not like anyone here didn't grow up with the risk of hiv hanging over us. We all figured out how to use condoms and choose our partners wisely. Hell, I went through a period where I wouldn't sleep with someone without them getting tested first. Made for some interesting first dates at the clinic.

amen.

I visited a hospice house for full blown aids patients one time. Two straight guys and a chick who all got it through sharing needles were cool and talkative, upbeat given the situation, had alot of cool stories.

Then there were about twenty gay guys sitting in the living room not even watching tv, just depressed, beat down, and waiting to die. Was very sad to see... they thought the world had beat them down and left them to die or something. Don't turn yourself into one of those guys dave.