[Contest] Super Bowl Betting

Is it me or does the turf look loll crap? You would think with as many people watching they would do a better job job to make it look uniform.

:lol: they sound like shit and are just standing around on stage singing... awesome superbowl halftime show! :lol:

I guess Axel Rose actually can't sing anymore

Plus he done got fat

FatAxl.jpg

Most live performances sound like shit regardless of who's singing. (all depends on who's doing the mixing). But yes, it was a lame show.

Most modern performers sound like shit.. Years ago we used to have real musicians and performing live was simple because that actually had talent.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/st...eas-vs-tron-a-super-bowl-contest-no-one-wins/

Black Eyed Peas Vs. Tron: A Super Bowl Contest No One Wins

As it turns out, there are far, far duller ways to pass the time at a half-time show than counting the wrinkles on classic rockers. Like counting the times in just the past few months we've seen the Black Eyed Peas on television doing pretty much this same schtick they did at the Super Bowl. If you want to make sure you have the least anticipated Bowl half-time in modern history, a sure bet is to book a group that would show up to play a supermarket ribbon-cutting.

We all know why this happened. The Super Bowl's producers spent the last few years trying to avoid any chance of another wardrobe malfunction, after the Janet 'n' Justin fracas, resulting in a succession of post-50 superstars like Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, and the Who. But the Bowl honchos were apparently susceptible to the criticism that this made them appear old and out of touch. So when they reversed that trend and booked the Black Eyed Peas this year, it was clear they were out to court the youth audience and avoid age malfunction.

But there might not have been this uneventful a Bowl intermission since the Up With People era of no-name half-time shows. Come back, AARP-rockers... all is forgiven.

What could the Peas possibly do that we hadn't already burned out on? Bring out the Tron dancers, as it turns out. If you felt like Tron Legacy missed a bet by not having Jeff Bridges lead a war platoon's worth of boogying hoofers at the climax, Super Bowl XLV made up for that missed opportunity.

Also, Usher did the splits. We can only imagine the legions of seamstresses employed to make sure those pants could survive nuclear fission.

Otherwise, it was been there, seen-and-heard that. Special guest star Slash, playing lead guitar while Fergie sang "Sweet Child of Mine"? That was a yawner back when they did it on the U2 tour a couple of pop eons ago. Dancers with boxes on their heads? That conceptual gambit isn't any fresher now than it was when the Peas brought out the box-heads on multiple TV appearances last fall.

The live-or-Memorex questions that typically fly after a halftime show were rendered moot here. The Peas' hits usually involve more shouting than singing, anyway, so staying on pitch was not going to pose many problems except in a handful of Fergie moments. When Will.i.am sings nowadays, it's through the most blatantly distorted AutoTune in the first place, so the real question is how faithfully his vocals' robotic nature could be replicated just as robotically. Usher's singing was clearly less live when he came out to perform "Oh My God," but the camera angles made it tough to tell if he was even pretending to sing, before he pulled off the leap-and-spread stunt that was his cameo appearance's sole raison d'etre.

Still, the cast of seeming thousands on the field was more fun to watch than the usual fake fans brought in to cheer the oldies acts. Initially appearing all in white, they appeared like the universe's most enthusiastic cult, before scattering across the field like schools of fish and switching on their Christmas lights.

It all seemed like a commercial for something, following directly on the heels of an ad for a product having to do with "the cloud" that featured animated versions of the BEPs. But what were they selling? Was it "love"? (Or "LOIE," as the lighted platforms seemed to spell it out, possibly due to a short-out from one of those dancing black lights?)

As Steve Martin tweeted after halftime: "I learned so much about love during the halftime show. Andthen at the end when it said, 'The Beginning,' I thought 'Wow.' Just. Wow."

Ah yes—in lieu of the obvious soda deal, this was all a commercial for The Beginning, the BEPs album that currently sits at No. 26 on the sales chart, after just nine weeks of release. That's right: This week, the Black Eyed Peas are less popular than the Black Keys (see: chart position No. 20).

Way to anticipate that youthful zeitgeist, Super Bowl producers! For 2012, we can only hope for P. Diddy and some swing-dancing Star Wars stormtroopers.

If you're going to be pedantic no matter what, then honestly, no matter what Jones does with the money (short of giving it away) it's still apart of the pool of money available to the Cowboys as needed. Even if he invests it in the market, or into his oil. The return are available to his football team if so wishes to spend it there.

Point is, IT'S NOT GOING TO GREEN BAY OR PITTSBURGH!

That wasn't your original point. You said, the money from the Super Bowl Jerry Jones would have given to the Cowboys, would have been more than what Green Bay and Pittsburgh received for the Super Bowl combined.

Cowboys are making more money than both teams combined this superbowl. :lol:

All everyone was arguing was that there was never a way to know for sure.

That wasn't your original point. You said, the money from the Super Bowl Jerry Jones would have given to the Cowboys, would have been more than what Green Bay and Pittsburgh received for the Super Bowl combined.

I'm more on the side that it was completely false and absurd

Strange how you quote my original post regarding this matter, yet you still manage to get it wrong trying to state what my original post was.

Jerry Jones' is making more money than both teams. The cowboys belong to Jerry Jones, therefor the Cowboys are making more money than both teams.

You either hate the Cowboys and refuse to believe this, or you just love to argue. I think it's a little of both.

Strange how you quote my original post regarding this matter, yet you still manage to get it wrong trying to state what my original post was.

Jerry Jones' is making more money than both teams. The cowboys belong to Jerry Jones, therefor the Cowboys are making more money than both teams.

You either hate the Cowboys and refuse to believe this, or you just love to argue. I think it's a little of both.

Jerry Jones is not the Cowboys. He owns the Cowboys. Big difference. As I said, by that same token, the University of Michigan made more money than the Packers as well. For every Dominos pizza across the country ordered during or for the Super Bowl, the University of Michigan made money. This is the exact same concept. And if this isn't pointing out how absurd your statement or analogy is, I don't know what will.

Yes I do hate the Cowboys. I don't love to argue, but it seems like my point never seems to get across. It may very well be my delivery, but when you're the only one that doesn't seem to get it, I would think I delivered my point just fine.

If I win the lotto, is my son not a millionaire? Think people.. FFS...

If you won the lotto, could your son go out and buy a car with cash without asking you for it? If the answer is no, then no he's not a millionaire. He's a kid with a father who's a millionaire. You're speaking in absolutes (the Cowboys definitely get more money than both Green Bay and Pittsburgh) not possibilities.