Summer plans

kiwi said:
My parents said that the mosquitos are still really bad up the mountains. Hopefully a couple more weeks will thin them out a little, but I'm not looking forward to it, especially since mosquitos are attracted to pregnant women.

I'd like to see those bastards fly faster than I run a 4-wheeler.

kiwi said:
My parents said that the mosquitos are still really bad up the mountains. Hopefully a couple more weeks will thin them out a little, but I'm not looking forward to it, especially since mosquitos are attracted to pregnant women.

I recommend jellied gasoline.

Fat Burger said:
Well I was wondering, since it's July 3-20, and the last event (17-20) is a $5,200 buy-in. Didn't think you were that serious a poker player.
I play, but I wouldn't be comfortable if the blinds were like $500/$1,000 :D

The 4th will probably be spent bumming around the house. If we get really motivated we might drive to some local fireworks display. In August, IBWIP and I will travel to Maryland to watch my sister get married and a week later we will go to another wedding. Then we will go to my favorite amusement park, Knoebel's where we will ride roller coasters and camp :).

eileenbunny said:
The 4th will probably be spent bumming around the house. If we get really motivated we might drive to some local fireworks display. In August, IBWIP and I will travel to Maryland to watch my sister get married and a week later we will go to another wedding. Then we will go to my favorite amusement park, Knoebel's where we will ride roller coasters and camp :).
What is that man of yours now anyway?

elpmis said:
I play, but I wouldn't be comfortable if the blinds were like $500/$1,000 :D

So, um, yeah. How does one "get good" at poker? Seems to me you bet large amounts of money on something completely random. Isn't that like saying I kick ass at playing the lottery?

Sarcasmo said:
So, um, yeah. How does one "get good" at poker? Seems to me you bet large amounts of money on something completely random. Isn't that like saying I kick ass at playing the lottery?
nope, not even close

i think i am camping at kelly's island that weekend and will venture over to cedarpoint a few times

This weekend here is Comfest. I wasn't in Columbus for it last year but I hear it is crazy. Sounds like an OSU party to me. We posed the question to my landlord, "Have any plans for Comfest?" and his response was, "Yeah, getting high as fuck."

Poker has never been an interest of mine. I've played a few times for money, but more often then not it is used just to kill time with a few friends.

we are going to a lake house with friends, renting a boat, watching fireworks, and cooking. on the actual fourth, we're grilling out at our house. spange, did you know that? :fly:

Thorn Bird said:
we are going to a lake house with friends, renting a boat, watching fireworks, and cooking. on the actual fourth, we're grilling out at our house. spange, did you know that? :fly:

Oh good! I'm not the only one who makes decisions and then informs my spouse at a later date and time. :fly: