summer is finally here

Drool-Boy said:
Even if I did have a vietcong infestation in my backyard, I dont think Id use fire to get rid of them. An ak47 would be acceptable, but not fire.

I have a small vietcong family under the shed in my backyard. I give them Reeses peanut butter cups in exchange for rice and hand-woven straw hats. (And a little bit of sucky sucky from the 14-year-old daughter.)

Sarcasmo said:
It's cuz you're so sweet, sugar.
Or you're a mouth-breather.

i'll take the first response, thank ewe. and it doesn't matter what you breathe or how you breathe it. those bastards are EVERYWHERE. :mad:

ERage said:
this can work but you have to take so much of it you would be pumping garlic oil through your veins. We used to give our dog garlic pills for this reason (this was in the '80s before frontline products were available). We gave a 20 lb. dog a double adult human dose before it was effective. A human would have to eat half a bottle to get that kind of dose.

weeeeeeeeeell, i'm also taking it for mah heart, but i'm hoping that it'll help a LITTLE with the mosquitoes.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yeah, but the FedGov doesn't consider 'Chikkenland' to be a developing nation.....yet
Diesel is a good defoliant. We are rigging up a little something that I'll make a thread about later. :D

speaking of summer, i went to my grandparents for a cookout yesterday. they live in the city but my grandfather has a good two acres, not including the greenhouse, surrounded by a cemetary on one side and the back with a machine shop to the other side. it's basically deserted on weekends and holidays.

'round about 7:30 i went for a walk with a beer in both hands. i saw three groundhogs poking around way in the back, groundhogs are bad for the "garden" (garden takes up just about an acre). mind you my grandfather is 78, has had triple bypass and this is about the time he settles in for the evening. i told him about the groundhogs when i made my way back to the house. and he pops up and said 'i have smokebombs. you want to go groundhog huntin'?' SURE. i waited for a moment while he gathered his shoes and smokebombs. i was watching some people play cards and he yelled from the door, 'YOU READY?' 'what are you two running off for?' he hells back, 'WE'RE GOING GROUNDHOG HUNTING.' on our walk he grabs two pitch forks and tells me, 'here's your weapon.' he had smoke bombs in his back pocket, a pitchfork in one hand and a .22 in the other.

^that's the family i love :D

thrawn said:
speaking of summer, i went to my grandparents for a cookout yesterday. they live in the city but my grandfather has a good two acres, not including the greenhouse, surrounded by a cemetary on one side and the back with a machine shop to the other side. it's basically deserted on weekends and holidays.

'round about 7:30 i went for a walk with a beer in both hands. i saw three groundhogs poking around way in the back, groundhogs are bad for the "garden" (garden takes up just about an acre). mind you my grandfather is 78, has had triple bypass and this is about the time he settles in for the evening. i told him about the groundhogs when i made my way back to the house. and he pops up and said 'i have smokebombs. you want to go groundhog huntin'?' SURE. i waited for a moment while he gathered his shoes and smokebombs. i was watching some people play cards and he yelled from the door, 'YOU READY?' 'what are you two running off for?' he hells back, 'WE'RE GOING GROUNDHOG HUNTING.' on our walk he grabs two pitch forks and tells me, 'here's your weapon.' he had smoke bombs in his back pocket, a pitchfork in one hand and a .22 in the other.

My grandpa used to do that with black people, bless his hate-filled heart.

thrawn said:
speaking of summer, i went to my grandparents for a cookout yesterday. they live in the city but my grandfather has a good two acres, not including the greenhouse, surrounded by a cemetery on one side and the back with a machine shop to the other side. it's basically deserted on weekends and holidays.

My father usually baits a have a heart trap and then shoots them with a .22. He dumps the body across the creek. With squirrels and other animals he takes up into the mountains and releases them.

Mosquito Magnet $260 @ Sams

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=336945

The county has a person on the payroll that has the job of measuring mosquito denisty. This person wears clothes that attract bugs and counts the number of bites they get in a set time period and how many bugs they see land on them. If the numbers are too high then they spray that area. What a shitty job. Here is a page with a video of him at work. http://www.cnn.com/US/9907/16/FRINGE/mosquito.monitoring/

Luckily the mosquitos aren't bad here, unless you go up the mountains, than you have to deal with mosquitos and horse flys.

Mosquitos can be a problem here as well. But I find the past few years the Mosquito pop has fallen a little bit, and meat eating wasps have taken their place in the food chain :(

Theres more wasps now then there are Mosquitos and them sumbitches aint nice at all!