Food Summer Dinners

I wouldnt mind summer glau for dinner

FHM1.jpg

I am running out of dinner ideas. Since it's so damn hot in Maryland these days, I don't want to crank the stove or oven. We've been eating salads instead, but man I can't eat anymore of this rabbit food for another night. So, before @Domon ends up eating another bowl of cereal for dinner, do you guys have any dinner suggestions? What are ya'll eating tonight?
We had some sous vide chicken thighs and yellow rice last night. Was delish. The best part is that you can make a bunch of them, the just reheat them (and crisp up the skin) over medium heat for ~5 minutes on a cast iron skillet.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
We had stir fry yellow and green peppers, onions, portabella mushrooms, tomatoes, baby green peas, and
smoked tofu
with some sweet and sour type sauce husband made, over black rice. Crunched up peanuts for garnish. Watermelon and cantaloupe dessert.

The rice cooker makes the rice fast and perfectly without heating up the kitchen much, and the wok is only needed for a few minutes. If I'm lazy, I can steam the veg in the rice cooker while the rice cooks.

I also love cereal, and I read a study that a bowl of cereal in the evening is healthy for weight and sleep quality.

We had stir fry yellow and green peppers, onions, portabella mushrooms, tomatoes, baby green peas, and
smoked tofu
with some sweet and sour type sauce husband made, over black rice. Crunched up peanuts for garnish. Watermelon and cantaloupe dessert.

The rice cooker makes the rice fast and perfectly without heating up the kitchen much, and the wok is only needed for a few minutes. If I'm lazy, I can steam the veg in the rice cooker while the rice cooks.

I also love cereal, and I read a study that a bowl of cereal in the evening is healthy for weight and sleep quality.
Citation needed. I would like to read this cereal study. How can it be healthy when @Domon loads it with half a cup of sugar.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Ledboots
0c2672829856f29ebb54777ec51598e9.jpg

Watermelon.
Looks like raw steak but no.

During my time in military I didn't have much time to eat, I didn't have appetite at all so I survived the whole summer on watermelons. I came back 57 kilos. ('Im around 170 - 172, I was the Skeletor himself)

Still, it's my fav. meal for summer. Some cold watermelon, cheese and yoghurt. Best meal in the hot weather for me.

Thia morning I threw a bunch of stuff in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. Red lentils, mixed grain rice, bunch of veggies, green curry sauce. Will have watermelon too as we have a giant watermelon.