Pics Summer activities thread

We got hammered with a bad storm right around rush hour yesterday. Lots of damage and a shit ton of flooding in the Akron area. I feel like I'm living in a damn rain forest this year.

Same storm as us then. It tore up a suburb to the west of us with wind (NOAA is determining if it was a tornado or not) as well as actually damaged Ohio Stadium slightly.

Same storm as us then. It tore up a suburb to the west of us with wind (NOAA is determining if it was a tornado or not) as well as actually damaged oiho Stadium slightly.

Yeah probably. The storm knocked down a wall at Tower City in downtown Cleveland, there was a tornado in a southeast suburb then tore up Akron on its way down to you.

We got hammered with a bad storm right around rush hour yesterday. Lots of damage and a shit ton of flooding in the Akron area. I feel like I'm living in a damn rain forest this year.

We've had more rain this year already than all of last year. In December our reservoirs were 7ft low and now they're 1ft over.

Same storm as us then. It tore up a suburb to the west of us with wind (NOAA is determining if it was a tornado or not) as well as actually damaged Ohio Stadium slightly.

Saw that on HLN this morning. Anywhere near you?

It's 74 degrees here right now but there's 90% humidity. I'm super excited for when it gets hot today.

No shit. And I vowed to grocery shop today, instead of the weekend. I'm battling a sinus infection and completely exhausted. I'm sure after a mass dose of humidity, it will be even better. :/
This is one thing that I will be so excited to give up when we move to Oz. Then, it's beachy, salty air which is blah.

No shit. And I vowed to grocery shop today, instead of the weekend. I'm battling a sinus infection and completely exhausted. I'm sure after a mass dose of humidity, it will be even better. :/
This is one thing that I will be so excited to give up when we move to Oz. Then, it's beachy, salty air which is blah.

Is it humid down unda?

This summer I am mainly going to try and go on some long 10mile+ walks in the Derbyshire Dales, no overnight stays though because it will be a bit too stressful with Kes. Have some time off booked for next week around my birthday so will do some walks then hopefully, weather permitting, right now it's so hot we can only go out at 6am and 8pm.

Here are the places I plan on walking:

Lathkill Dale:

lathkill2.jpg

Carsington Water:

carsingtondam.jpg

Dovedale:
Derbyshire,%20Dovedale,%20The%20Stepping%20Stones.jpg

etc

Nice English countryside :)

I cycled around Carsington Reservoir the summer before last. Dovedale's a bit touristy but Lathkill Dale is a good walk. Consider the Manifold Way, Tissington Trail or High Peak Way. Or if you don't mind getting messy, Kinder Scout.