suggest a new place to move

my little brony

Keep Being A Little Bitch
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥21,495
I've lived in the Chicago area of 4.5 years now and it's time to not do so anymore. I realized I've grown tired of the winters, tired of the construction, tired of the cost of living, tired of the politics and I miss being close to the ocean.

When I get back from San Diego I'll probably end up living in the city of Chicago itself for a few months before I bust out. Assuming I don't get called up immediately I'll have a number of choices. As long as I can be within a reasonable distance of a reserve infantry or H&S company I can have pretty free reign of the country.

Of course there's always Japan but I'm not exactly interested in that just yet.

I'm not moving back to Florida. I miss certain parts of it but there's a reason it has it's own goddamn Fark icon. I'm not moving back to Atlanta because there's too much stuff there I don't want to be close to anymore. I've always wanted to live in NYC for a few years but I don't think now's the right time. I can't stand LA, can't afford San Francisco and my only experience with San Diego will be getting yelled at and chasing 747s while they take off.

I thought about the northwest but I'm not sure if I want to live this high in latitude because of the coldness. I've yet to experience the southwest and it could be a nice preparation for spending time in a different desert and I like the scenery but I've never really lived in a world without trees, not sure how I'd like that.

Couple of possibilities that might preclude me from making my own choice:

1. if I make it into and through scout/sniper training I'll be activated and stationed wherever the fuck the marine corps wants me so scratch that
2. if I get deployed with my infantry company I'll just keep my shit in storage for a year and have a long ass time to figure out where I want to come back to
3. if #1 happens and I don't get assigned to an active unit I'll have a choice between assignment to quantico virginia, twentynine palms california, hawaii, reno and a whole bunch of other locales...

Still, I have some freedom to make my own mind in these circumstances unless I request an active duty billet so I'd like to at least contemplate the general area to which I can relocate. I dunno, I probably won't get much of a choice in the end. In fact, I'm not even sure I want the choice.

:blog:

north carolina on the coast is awesome. amazing beaches out there, small town feel around the entire state. it's one of the few places i'd consider living

I second for Texas. If you move to Houston, I can get you a sweet gig as a USMC subject matter expert. My company just did a marine corps ethics demo.

It was an obscure Star Trek reference.

oh don't worry, I got that reference :p

none of my exes live in texas

I second for Texas. If you move to Houston, I can get you a sweet gig as a USMC subject matter expert. My company just did a marine corps ethics demo.

I appreciate that but it'll be a looooooong time before I'm an expert in anything :p

My vote would be for Virginia, but Quantico sucks ass...especially if you don't like spiders. However, I am living about 15 minutes from the base right now, and it would be nice to hang out with you.

:heart:

I hope you don't die!

me too!

:confused:
How about you quit thinking about yourself and start caring about others.

:run:

Hahhahaha ball busting!!!

wtf :lol:

Last edited: