suggest a new place to move

my little brony

Keep Being A Little Bitch
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥21,493.06
Marklar
M21,493
I've lived in the Chicago area of 4.5 years now and it's time to not do so anymore. I realized I've grown tired of the winters, tired of the construction, tired of the cost of living, tired of the politics and I miss being close to the ocean.

When I get back from San Diego I'll probably end up living in the city of Chicago itself for a few months before I bust out. Assuming I don't get called up immediately I'll have a number of choices. As long as I can be within a reasonable distance of a reserve infantry or H&S company I can have pretty free reign of the country.

Of course there's always Japan but I'm not exactly interested in that just yet.

I'm not moving back to Florida. I miss certain parts of it but there's a reason it has it's own goddamn Fark icon. I'm not moving back to Atlanta because there's too much stuff there I don't want to be close to anymore. I've always wanted to live in NYC for a few years but I don't think now's the right time. I can't stand LA, can't afford San Francisco and my only experience with San Diego will be getting yelled at and chasing 747s while they take off.

I thought about the northwest but I'm not sure if I want to live this high in latitude because of the coldness. I've yet to experience the southwest and it could be a nice preparation for spending time in a different desert and I like the scenery but I've never really lived in a world without trees, not sure how I'd like that.

Couple of possibilities that might preclude me from making my own choice:

1. if I make it into and through scout/sniper training I'll be activated and stationed wherever the fuck the marine corps wants me so scratch that
2. if I get deployed with my infantry company I'll just keep my shit in storage for a year and have a long ass time to figure out where I want to come back to
3. if #1 happens and I don't get assigned to an active unit I'll have a choice between assignment to quantico virginia, twentynine palms california, hawaii, reno and a whole bunch of other locales...

Still, I have some freedom to make my own mind in these circumstances unless I request an active duty billet so I'd like to at least contemplate the general area to which I can relocate. I dunno, I probably won't get much of a choice in the end. In fact, I'm not even sure I want the choice.

:blog:

plot

Morning Boehner
Oct 16, 2006
kansas city
Marklar
₥1,877.10
Marklar
M1,877
north carolina on the coast is awesome. amazing beaches out there, small town feel around the entire state. it's one of the few places i'd consider living

BadMojo

Half-staff Member
Feb 20, 2006
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
I second for Texas. If you move to Houston, I can get you a sweet gig as a USMC subject matter expert. My company just did a marine corps ethics demo.

my little brony

Keep Being A Little Bitch
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥21,493.06
Marklar
M21,493
It was an obscure Star Trek reference.
oh don't worry, I got that reference :p
none of my exes live in texas

I second for Texas. If you move to Houston, I can get you a sweet gig as a USMC subject matter expert. My company just did a marine corps ethics demo.
I appreciate that but it'll be a looooooong time before I'm an expert in anything :p

My vote would be for Virginia, but Quantico sucks ass...especially if you don't like spiders. However, I am living about 15 minutes from the base right now, and it would be nice to hang out with you.
:heart:

I hope you don't die!
me too!

:confused:
How about you quit thinking about yourself and start caring about others.

:run:

Hahhahaha ball busting!!!
wtf :lol:

Last edited: