Sucking in their sixties

I don't think one really slows down till after 50. I'm close to 30 and still want to visit other countries, etc. I think it's the kids that force people to slow down/feel old. So when I have mine, I'll let you know.

my parents love seeing the stones, regardless of the price. they follow all those old people around, especially paul mccartney. he's crack to my mother. she went to visit his childhood home and stole a leaf off the tree in the yard. she had it laminated and uses it as a bookmark.

getting older? i'll be 30 next year, and that's freaking me out a bit, but i don't feel old. i'm just sad that my 20s are rounding out, and i can't do a damn thing about it. i would love to do something big and personal for myself before that time, too.

My parents told me that the best decade they've ever had was their 40's. Kids can take care of themselves for the most part, still young enough to have a body that still works, plus finally having money to enjoy the things you want. This sounds like my kind of decade. I'm excited to get there. In the meantime, I'm enjoying my 30's and I'm looking forward to having kids. I disagree with Coqui that this is going to make me feel old. On the contrary, I think having a child will help to keep me young at heart.

I just plow through life blindly. If I think about it, I get depressed and bitter.

I've been honing my cranky old bastard skills for most of my life. By the time I hit sixty I should be able to hurt people's feelings with just the merest thought.

itburnswhenipee said:
I've been honing my cranky old bastard skills for most of my life. By the time I hit sixty I should be able to hurt people's feelings with just the merest thought.

so what happens if i know someone NOW who is a cranky old bastard...what in the world will they be at 60??

:oook:

I prefer to live each day as if its my last. I spend most of my money at any whim ( i try to save SOME ) I dont know if i'll make it to 60, but i gaurantee on my death bed i'll have no regrets and won't wish i did anything differently.

inline4 said:
I prefer to live each day as if its my last. I spend most of my money at any whim ( i try to save SOME ) I dont know if i'll make it to 60, but i gaurantee on my death bed i'll have no regrets and won't wish i did anything differently.

the fuck you drive a miata for then?

inline4 said:

<cut to scene of inline4, aged 75, sitting helpless in a pile of his own feces>

inline4: I wish I could afford a nurse.

<star wipe to black>

fin

thrawn said:
the fuck you drive a miata for then?

simply for the driving enjoyment.. You ever driven one?

it really is alot of fun.

itburnswhenipee said:
<cut to scene of inline4, aged 75, sitting helpless in a pile of his own feces>

inline4: I wish I could afford a nurse.

<star wipe to black>

fin

i said i do put SOME money away.. sheesh

I turn 30 next month.

Most people screw up by just sitting on their asses after retiring. Once they stop doing as much activity their bodies start falling apart. Think of foreign cultures where there is no thing as retirement. Those little field working asian ladies live to be 90+.

b_sinning said:
I turn 30 next month.

Most people screw up by just sitting on their asses after retiring. Once they stop doing as much activity their bodies start falling apart. Think of foreign cultures where there is no thing as retirement. Those little field working asian ladies live to be 90+.
yeah because i wanna be 90+ working in a field.

:rolleyes:

inline4 said:

liger1_sm.jpg