Stupidest Accident Evar

Pandora

Flaccid Member
Oct 19, 2004
Atlanta GA!
skewed.textamerica.com
Marklar
₥0
Had my first fender bender this morning!! :D I was on my way to work and a lady in front of me decided to come to a complete stop in the middle of the road, didn't try pulling off a little or anything. I rear end her....now my bumpers knarled up. :(

So who's the biggest dumbass? Me for driving while still half asleep, or her for stopping in the middle of the F*CKING road for no apparent reason??

:tard:

will post pics later so you can point and laugh...

I had someone stop in front of me twice, first time it taco'd my car and the second time it totaled it.

Second time wasn't my fault tho, whew.

That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that you got into an accident.

Apparently if you rear end someone it's your fault for following too closely, no matter why they stop in the road. I actually brake checked a police officer who was inches from my rear bumper one time. He hit me pretty hard and then gave me all sorts of crap about it when I pulled over. I told him he shouldn't have been following so closely, that there was a small woodland creature that darted out in front of me that I didn't want to hit. There wasn't anything he could do about it. :D

ChikkenNoodul said:
Well that sucks ass

I hate people that stop for no reason :mad:

Some fucker did that to me once when I had the Saab, now fortunately the Aero brakes were awesome, and I stopped without hitting him - but the guy in the Econoline van behind me plowed into me at 30mph doing about $15k in damage to our car

At least you didn't get the ticket tho! I'm guessing his insurance paid for damages?? :eek:

Her car didn't seem to have any damage at all, yet mine did! Guess I'm lucky there, but I don't understand how her car didn't get a scratch?!

CletusJones said:

Apparently if you rear end someone it's your fault for following too closely, no matter why they stop in the road. I actually brake checked a police officer who was inches from my rear bumper one time. He hit me pretty hard and then gave me all sorts of crap about it when I pulled over. I told him he shouldn't have been following so closely, that there was a small woodland creature that darted out in front of me that I didn't want to hit. There wasn't anything he could do about it. :D

Only time I rear ended someone was during a snowstorm. The person apparently had the only grip on the entire freeway and stopped suddenly.

I was approximately 100 feet away and started to brake. I knew my ABS would go crazy and not allow me to stop if I slammed on the brakes. I was able to swerve and it hit the rear driver side door of my car. It's not always about distance. ;)

CletusJones said:

Sweeeeeet! I love it when The Man get's it!

So is the other person gonna claim on your insurance , or are they juat gonna let it go?

some dumb kid rear ended my pickup truck a while back, all they did was scratch the paint on the bumper, but fucking ruined the front end of their car. It was totally their fault, but I just said dont worry about it and drove off:p

Drool-Boy said:
So is the other person gonna claim on your insurance , or are they juat gonna let it go?

some dumb kid rear ended my pickup truck a while back, all they did was scratch the paint on the bumper, but fucking ruined the front end of their car. It was totally their fault, but I just said dont worry about it and drove off:p

She said, "It didn't seem to do anything to my car" and just dropped it. :eek:

Knowing my luck tho she'll come back later and try to claim something... :(

Pandora said:
:cool: Damn the man. Save the Empire.

So what happens when I cop wreaks? Didja just haveta submit an invoice to city hall or something??
no, we filled out an accident report and he gave me all his insurance information. I called up the claims office and they gave me a check for like $750 that I pocketed and probably spent on something stupid. I was driving my winter beater at the time so the damage wasn't important to me.

Pandora said:

that's why you IMMEDIATELY get in your car and GTFO when they say "no damage, don't worry about it"

Pandora said:

Doubtful. Don't always think people are evil. If there wasn't even a scratch, then I wouldn't worry about them claiming something.

Did she get your insurance information?

CletusJones said:
no, we filled out an accident report and he gave me all his insurance information. I called up the claims office and they gave me a check for like $750 that I pocketed and probably spent on something stupid. I was driving my winter beater at the time so the damage wasn't important to me.

Nice. Yeah this morning I was thinking it would be nice to have been driving a beater instead of my nice little 03 Civic. :(