stupid teeth

CletusJones said:
i don't have wisdom teeth. my dentist says there's not even a hint of them in my jaw. does this mean I'm retarded?

Welcome, friend Cletus, to the Aberration of Nature Club. :D You, me and dw are the only people I've ever heard of to have evolved to a higher form.

BigDov said:
Welcome, friend Cletus, to the Aberration of Nature Club. :D You, me and dw are the only people I've ever heard of to have evolved to a higher form.

There's a lot more than you think.

Although I am a freak case. I had mine removed, then they mentioned it was more like another set of molars as opposed to wisdom teeth (no they didn't remove the wrong ones)

Amazingly, as a child all of my teeth fell out one at a time, and new ones grew back. Also, I got money from a fairy who kept my teeth, presumably to be used in some sort of pie.

tre said:
Amazingly, as a child all of my teeth fell out one at a time, and new ones grew back. Also, I got money from a fairy who kept my teeth, presumably to be used in some sort of pie.

Here is the true tale of the Tooth Faries:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=120

Just do everything you can to make sure you do not get a dry socket. It's no problem at all unless that happens. Then it's a pain.

wr3kt said:
I got my wisdom teeth in high school. I've never had to have them pulled. They've never hurt.

case and point. people who have more teeth are better.

I had a horrible experience getting my wisdom teeth taken out:

I had to be put under because I don't deal well with people poking at my mouth, and seeing my own blood gush out..
So I get to the hospital, and they're all "get naked and wear this teeny tiny almost see-through paper shirt with a slit in the back" I was really upset, I didn't want to have to sit in the waiting room with my ass hanging out. In retrospect, it really wasn't that bad, but still I was an angsty teen, who was terrified of hosiptals.
Anyway the mean lady said I could keep my undies on, which made me feel a bit better. So I get into the operating room, and they're like "Okay, Lynn. We're going to give you an IV in your arm, so you fall asleep" Me not liking needles closes my eyes and winces. Just as they jab my arm with the needle a very good looking Dr walked by, and my fist clenched on his.. hip... / butt... region.
That was embarassing. So I wake up, and I'm all cold and shivering, and it's probably 2 hours later. My mouth doesn't hurt yet, and I still have an iv in my arm. I turn my head to see if there's anyone around, and just as I do, a naked old man gets out of his bed. Seeing a naked old man right after surgery... little shocking... so I screamed.
Hot dr man came over :drool: He stayed with me for a while, and then a nurse came by to take out my iv. She told me to try sitting up. So I did.. and decided I was ready to try standing too, and I fell out of the bed >.<
For the rest of the day I was really groggy and confused. The pain meds started to wear off after a few hours and it HURT.
I had impacted wisdom teeth or something.. I don't really remember.
Oh well hopefully your experience is better than mine :p I'm sure it will, bad thing seem to attract themselves to me :p

you assume that missing wisdom teeth = evolution and that is not necessarily correct:p
it could just as easily be the other way around

why_ask_why said:
you assume that missing wisdom teeth = evolution and that is not necessarily correct:p
it could just as easily be the other way around
are you implying that we somehow less evolved than those with wisdom teeth?

i do not understand.

CletusJones said:
are you implying that we somehow less evolved than those with wisdom teeth?

i do not understand.

just pointing out that how can you really say either way? :)

Good luck. Not to scar you but I got mine taken out around last Christams. I got 2 dry sockets. I didn't dany of the bad things I was told not to do. NO Smoking, no drinking from straws, didn't go back to solids too early. They just happen. How do you know when you have one. Whenyou are sitting in front of your computer at work 3 days after surgery crying cause it hurts so damn bad. They had to pack one of them with this funky tasting badage stuff which stayed in for like 2 days and then I had to get it packed again. By the tims the other one went dry I was almost healed so it only hurt for a few days instead of a week. Ouch. Again Good luck!