FYI Stupid random thoughts about booze

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
I recently tried rye for the first time. I brought a bottle home and now alternate between rye and bourbon manhattans on the evenings I have an adult beverage at home.

I recently tried a whipped cream flavored vodka that was delicious. We tried to brainstorm how you would successfully incorporate it into a beverage and I settled on hot chocolate, though getting drunk on hot chocolates presents a whole new set of odd circumstances.

I tried Crown Royal Black. Don't waste your time. It's thicker and blacker, but not as smooth.

Has anyone ever made a root beer float with alcohol in it? I haven't but the thought has crossed my mind. I just don't ever have root beer or ice cream in the house. Perhaps I'll just make one without; I do have a mug.

If any of you like Bordeaux blends, Robert Craig's 2007 Affinity is fucking awesome. The best inexpensive Cab out right now is Louis Martini's 2007 Sonoma. The best inexpensive Bordeaux right now is the 05 Chapelle Segur.

Jai Alai IPA from Cigar City Brewery in Tampa is so hoppy I can only drink one.

Heineken's 5L mini kegs are really easy for two people to finish.

I've had several stout floats (delicious), no root beer involved, but it probably wouldn't hurt as long as it was real soda without HFCS.

A 5L keg would be good for me for an evening, not sure what everyone else would do.

I don't care for IPA's in general.

Crown Royal is a waste of money.

The whipped cream vodka sounds interesting actually, I imagine mixing it with this espresso vodka I have...

Rye is good stuff when you're feeling country.

Kind of done with wine for the moment.

A 5L keg would be good for me for an evening, not sure what everyone else would do.

That's some funny shit.

The whipped cream vodka sounds interesting actually, I imagine mixing it with this espresso vodka I have...

I thought of that too, even chocolate vodka. 360 had a double chocolate that's slammin. There's a recipe I want to try where you muddle a jalapeno, drop ice on it, a shot of dbl choc vodka, then fill w soda. Intriguing...

Though I'm told I need to find a wine I can drink in the same volume I consume beer.

Any suggestions?

Volume, heh? Unfortunately, weaker wines are typically much sweeter, so you're relegated to ice wines and moscatos, ick.

That's some funny shit.

I thought of that too, even chocolate vodka. 360 had a double chocolate that's slammin. There's a recipe I want to try where you muddle a jalapeno, drop ice on it, a shot of dbl choc vodka, then fill w soda. Intriguing...

Volume, heh? Unfortunately, weaker wines are typically much sweeter, so you're relegated to ice wines and moscatos, ick.

:drool: I love spicy with chocolate, a local ice cream shop does a chocolate and hot pepper ice cream that floats my banana.

Moscatos are fine for a glass after a ridiculously expensive and delicious dinner, but not in volume.

Maybe a wicked dry chardonnay? Or something a hobo would consume, what is that, MD 20/20?

Has anyone ever made a root beer float with alcohol in it? I haven't but the thought has crossed my mind. I just don't ever have root beer or ice cream in the house. Perhaps I'll just make one without; I do have a mug.

I'm told that Guinness floats are good, though I've never tried one. If I ever do I'll probably stir some Jameson's into the ice cream and have some kind of Irish Carbomb float.

Apparently Bell's Two-Hearted Ale is really damn good but we don't get it in Texas. I believe it's in FL though so you should try it.

Whilst in Utah, I had root beer floats with homemade root beer. I think I need to make some more and have another.