Stupid quote of the day

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,427
Yesterday for those of you who don't bother to read the junk drawer (which needs a new name fly btw imo tbh afaik) I posted some lovely things my office mates have asked me. It's a daily occurence so I thought we should perhaps have a thread where we can catalogue all the ridiculous questions we get asked etc.

Here are my two from yesterday:

'Carys, what's a platypus??'

My favourite to date so far btw is:

'Carys, what's the glass ceiling.'

I think her head might explode/her keyboard get mashed if she tried to type Mrs Barbara Banana.

That would be a good name for a character in a children's book.

Also:

Look at the word children. Say it out loud. There's no fucking way it's a real word. Did I just make it up? Christ these long days are making me punchy.

O.E. cild "child," from P.Gmc. *kiltham (source of Gothic kilþei "womb"), unrelated to other languages. Also in O.E. meaning "a youth of gentle birth" (archaic, usually written childe). In 16c., especially "girl child." The difficulty with the plural began in O.E., where the nom. pl. was at first cild, identical with the sing., then c.975 pl. form cildru (gen. cildra) arose, only to be re-pluraled c.1175 as children, which is thus a double plural. M.E. plural cildre survives in Lancashire dialect childer and in Childermas (c.1000) "festival of the Holy Innocents" (Dec. 28).

O.E. cild "child," from P.Gmc. *kiltham (source of Gothic kilþei "womb"), unrelated to other languages. Also in O.E. meaning "a youth of gentle birth" (archaic, usually written childe). In 16c., especially "girl child." The difficulty with the plural began in O.E., where the nom. pl. was at first cild, identical with the sing., then c.975 pl. form cildru (gen. cildra) arose, only to be re-pluraled c.1175 as children, which is thus a double plural. M.E. plural cildre survives in Lancashire dialect childer and in Childermas (c.1000) "festival of the Holy Innocents" (Dec. 28).

Jeezus God, make it stop!

I should start writing down/posting the stupid crap my (literally) retarded co-worker is always spouting off. Fly has been bugging me to start doing that for months now.

10am and we already have one:

I love intelligent conversation.

In high school I had a teacher that had the name Miss Missroon. Everybody was always fucking it up and saying too many Misses. I wonder if that's why she eventually quit to become a Jazzercise instructor. Total true.

them: Your firewall is broken
me: your server is broken
them: nuh-uh
me: you don't have a default route
them: oh, that's not my fault
me: :case: