Ontopic Stupid poll

Dual oven vs dual fuel

• Gas top with single electric oven

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • All electric with 2 ovens

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
WTF? I don't like eating eggs unless used as an emulsifier. Nothing to do with n00bness

You guys like your stupid sausages & eggs - have at it. I'll make better foods that aren't things a college guy makes in a skillet.

I was referring to your lack of cast iron pan action. Clearly you lack the prowess to use one. Furthermore, you cook on a shit-ass coil cooktop, nothing you say should be taken seriously regarding what pans are better than others.

• Gravy
Reactions: CletusJones
Now you're just trying to stir shit here. I'm making a good Italian dinner here - pasta, tomato sauce that is simmering in a *gasp* covered pot on the pathetic coil top range I have. You can never convince me that will cook as well (including the pasta in boiling water) in a cast iron skillet as it will in my all clad pots.

That's seriously just stupid. I am sure professional chefs will toss their pathetic pots for a cast iron skillet after reading this now :fly:

The meatballs you should be making, that @Coqui god damn well deserves, certainly would be tastier in a properly seasoned, well loved cast iron pan.

Now you're just trying to stir shit here. I'm making a good Italian dinner here - pasta, tomato sauce that is simmering in a *gasp* covered pot on the pathetic coil top range I have. You can never convince me that will cook as well (including the pasta in boiling water) in a cast iron skillet as it will in my all clad pots.

That's seriously just stupid. I am sure professional chefs will toss their pathetic pots for a cast iron skillet after reading this now :fly:
I think we were talking about pans here...

• Gravy
Reactions: tre
Hey! who doesn't like meatballs?!!?!??!

I like Top Chef Fabio's recipe on his Yahoo Food site.

Although I do make a good one myself.

Damn it, now I want meatballs and chicken parm BUT I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING STAINLESS PAN WITH WHICH TO MAKE THEM IN. I AM DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!111one

Holy shit what an asshole move on my part with the pans.

I'm not stirring anything.

I make lots of Italian meals from scratch in a lecruset dutch oven all the time; it easily outperforms a stainless skillet or stock pot. One of the main benefits of iron cookware is how evenly they heat in comparison to other types of cookware.

I have a huge assortment of lecreuset cast iron as well as other older uncoated items. I've got a bunch of stainless and copper cookware as well. I'm even making a shot bag so I can make my own stainless cookware, utensils, etc....

All perform well and different in their own way. Just because you can't cook with iron on an electric range doesn't mean it's inherently bad.

Use a ladder; get over yourself.

I make lots of Italian meals from scratch in a lecruset dutch oven all the time; it easily outperforms a stainless skillet or stock pot. One of the main benefits of iron cookware is how evenly they heat in comparison to other types of cookware.

I have a huge assortment of lecreuset cast iron as well as other older uncoated items. I've got a bunch of stainless and copper cookware as well. I'm even making a shot bag so I can make my own stainless cookware, utensils, etc....

All perform well and different in their own way. Just because you can't cook with iron on an electric range doesn't mean it's inherently bad.

Point of order, I was stirring shit up because I'm bored before we go out for our Wing Crawl.

And second. F33n made a fantastic ragu in our Cuisinart Le Cruset knockoff ductch oven. Love that thing.

• Gravy
Point of order, I was stirring shit up because I'm bored before we go out for our Wing Crawl.

And second. F33n made a fantastic ragu in our Cuisinart Le Cruset knockoff ductch oven. Love that thing.

I got all mine as seconds, no idea why they are seconds as I cannot find any blemishes on them. They work like first quality ones.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
WTF? I don't like eating eggs unless used as an emulsifier. Nothing to do with n00bness

You guys like your stupid sausages & eggs - have at it. I'll make better foods that aren't things a college guy makes in a skillet.
What exactly is wrong with stuff a college guy would make in a skillet?

• Gravy
The meatballs you should be making, that @Coqui god damn well deserves, certainly would be tastier in a properly seasoned, well loved cast iron pan.
Meatballs don't go with every Italian meal you goof. But no, not a fan of red meat much here. If he wants red meat he can grill.

Who says I can't? I just don't because I don't think they work well for making things like alfredo or other non-baked goods! A dutch oven is useless for boiling pasta made from scratch. But go ahead and keep being a dick. I'm about o get dinner ready for the guys when they are home from the pool.

Meatballs don't go with every Italian meal you goof. But no, not a fan of red meat much here. If he wants red meat he can grill.

Who says I can't? I just don't because I don't think they work well for making things like alfredo or other non-baked goods! A dutch oven is useless for boiling pasta made from scratch. But go ahead and keep being a dick. I'm about o get dinner ready for the guys when they are home from the pool.
Of course it's not, first off it keeps a boil better because of the heat retention of cast iron, and second its just a nice big pan that nothing sticks to. We are talking about enameled cast iron here for the Dutch ovens