• All electric with 2 ovens

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

helenabear

my latina side hates Kiki
Aug 11, 2005
Marklar
₥1,808
So I did this on facebook and it derailed into something that wasn't helpful and since we have a lot of people who like to cook I thought I'd ask here. If you had to pick between a free standing range with dual fuel (gas cook top with electric oven) or dual oven (all electric with 2 ovens), what would you pick?

The issue is the range NEEDS to be white (sorry will not consider any other color) and it should really be a free standing range due to how we did the tiling on the wall behind the range. I cannot find all options I want in white.

So unless you can find me a white dual fuel with dual oven free standing range for about $2000 (maybe $2500 if great) or less I can only pick one of the two main features. So pick one and help me out. Right now I have two I like. All electric is $1300 and dual fuel is $1700.

I have a dual oven (all gas) and have to say I would way prefer a single oven than not having a gas top.

I would replace the whole thing with a tipple stack of really nice microwaves.
:lol:

Too bad I don't use the microwave much.

I keep flip flopping on what I want. We have electric now and I have gotten used to it. I do sometimes miss the gas tops I had prior (nearly instant heat reduction for example), but I am now okay with electric.

At the same time at least once or twice a week I am baking something in the oven and wish I could pick two temps. I often split the difference and just manage to figure out the timing. It would be nice when doing cookies to have a split bake time too.

So hard to pick... fortunately we have the hook up for both otherwise my choice would likely be very simple.

Get a convection microwave oven if you need double ovens. :dunno:
Never had one and the one time I tried to use one I felt stupid :lol: But if someone had one they liked and worked well for baking I'd look into it.

It's one of those really tough things for me. I spent time just looking at ranges and really loved the 2nd oven, but I also love gas.

Why oh why can't they make more appliances in white? So much for that color making a come back :(

Gas stovetop. Then use a wok just once, and you'll understand.

And fuck appliances matching, we've got a stainless fridge, black range, white dishwasher and oak cupboards. We're of the "if nothing matches, everything goes together" school of home decoration.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Gas stovetop. Then use a wok just once, and you'll understand.

And fuck appliances matching, we've got a stainless fridge, black range, white dishwasher and oak cupboards. We're of the "if nothing matches, everything goes together" school of home decoration.
Gosh, using the wok on our electric stove top is frustrating.

• Gravy
Reactions: CletusJones
We have this convection microwave oven and it goes over the oven, has a vent, etc.

http://www.kenmore.com/kenmore-elit...p-02280373000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1
spin_prod_831833012

Looks like they do have it in white:

spin_prod_831832712

i had to boil a 4 gallon pot of water a half dozen times for canning on an electric stovetop, i was about ready to break something.

It took almost 3 hours to come to boil.

Each time.

• Gravy
Reactions: CletusJones
i had to boil a 4 gallon pot of water a half dozen times for canning on an electric stovetop, i was about ready to break something.

Each time.
Wtf, it takes like ten minutes for ours. That's insane.

Each time.

3 hours? Do you start with ice water?

i dont know. It sucked. Needed a full rolling boil. It would simmer with small bubbles in about an hour.

the burner is about 1/4 the area of the bottom of the pot, and the pot is a flimsy stamped steel thing that doesnt hold any heat on its own.