Stupid pet tricks

zengirl

If I had a dollar might give ya 99
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥100
So, my cat is leash trained. :fly: He loves outside, to the point that if you say the word, "Outside" he starts meowing and looking up at you expectantly and runs to the nearest door.

We took him outside last night, and I caught some pictures on my camera phone, which sucks, but you get the general idea.

I wanted to be outside because there were rainbows last night. There were 2 of them, but I only took a picture of one.

73265728517_290.jpg

Bud (the cat) doesn't care much for rainbows. He was more interested in smelling all of the doggies that go for walks in the common area outside:

*Pls forgive the pictures, I ran out of memories on my camera*

73269729797_290.jpg
73269781893_290.jpg
73269804805_290.jpg

He says, "No Mommie! I don't want to go home!" He kept trying to go in the bushes, Ryan had to intercept him:

73269857669_290.jpg

Isn't he a cute fuzz butt??

73269881861_290.jpg

Okay, time for real pictures:

Bud and me playing in the grass:

SarWBud.JPG

Okay, lets walk now:

SarWalkBud.JPG

He heels better on the sidewalk than most dogs do:

SarWalkBud2.JPG

And finally, the pretty sunset last night:

SarSunset.JPG

I'm suddenly reminded of the Simpon's episode where Homer's brother creates the "baby translator" and while demoing it a convention and young child, that happens to be on leash held by his mother, jabbers something and it is translated to "This leash embarasses both of us."

if I tried to walk a cat on a leash I'm 99% certain it would end with all claws dug into the top o' me head

Drool-Boy said:
Ive never heard of leash-training a cat
We get stopped by the neighbors a lot. Bud thinks he's a dog... he plays fetch, he walks on a leash (and he'll actually trot alongside us on the sidewalk) until he sees a dog, then he starts hissing and growling and tries to run after and attack the dog. Otherwise he's very friendly and loves to be pet and adored by everyone.

Last week one of the neighbors stopped and talked to us and Bud knew he was being admired so he started rolling around in the grass and acting all cute.

:lol:

I used to try to leash-walk my cat up in the mountains in Norway when we'd stay at a cabin, but I couldn't get the thing to stay on her. I'd spend twenty minutes rigging up a system Houdini couldn't escape from and she'd just pop right out of it and go tearing off down the trail back to the cabin.

Never liked cats, they're all self-serving hairy bastards. Only come when they want food, then leave you so, so alone while they shit in other peoples gardens.

Sarcasmo said:
I used to try to leash-walk my cat up in the mountains in Norway when we'd stay at a cabin, but I couldn't get the thing to stay on her. I'd spend twenty minutes rigging up a system Houdini couldn't escape from and she'd just pop right out of it and go tearing off down the trail back to the cabin.
We started with a harness, and then when he got used to the leash, we went to just a collar. The collar is very loose, and he can easily slip out of it, but he knows that with a little tug (I only hold onto the loop of the leash with one finger) which direction he's supposed to go. It also helps that he comes when he's called, so I do a lot of verbal coaxing.

Galen said:
Never liked cats, they're all self-serving hairy bastards. Only come when they want food, then leave you so, so alone while they shit in other peoples gardens.
Mine don't. I think it's how you treat them. All 5 of mine are very friendly, affectionate, and playful. In fact, all 5 of them cuddled in bed with us last night... that was pretty scary.

zengirl said:
Mine don't. I think it's how you treat them. All 5 of mine are very friendly, affectionate, and playful. In fact, all 5 of them cuddled in bed with us last night... that was pretty scary.

I never want 5 cats in bed with me.

kiwi said:
I never want 5 cats in bed with me.
Well, yesterday morning I woke up with one cat (Bud) on my head, one on my chest, one on my left side, one on my right side and one sleeping on my legs. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that.

zengirl said:
I suppose, I did meet one nice cat a few months back, even though it was slightly bitchy to begin with.
You'd let them sleep in your bed? What about their hair and waste etc? Maybe you're not as obsessed with that as I am though, all of my animals stayed in their own room. (Both dogs, English Springer Spaniel and a Dalmation)

Galen said:
I suppose, I did meet one nice cat a few months back, even though it was slightly bitchy to begin with.
You'd let them sleep in your bed? What about their hair and waste etc? Maybe you're not as obsessed with that as I am though, all of my animals stayed in their own room. (Both dogs, English Springer Spaniel and a Dalmation)
They poop in litterboxes, not in the bed... :lol: I've got them trained pretty well. Having 5 cats means we have cathair everywhere no matter what. We wash the sheets and bedding at least once a week and vacuum a lot. I suppose it's just something I'm used to as I have had Bud for almost 10 years now.