stupid cheap lcd tv

1366 x 768
720p, 480i/p

The inputs won't even accept 1080i/p signal. Screw that.

Cons: only a 720 resolution rather than a true 1080. It WILL display 1080 channels as as 1080 bluray or up converted DVD. Visible picture quality difference between a 1080 and 720 but only if your up close. Mounted on a wall, its perfect from across the room viewing where 1080 really isn't going to be a huge difference.

That says it will, right?

and I should care why?

Um, almost all HD with the exception of Fox and ESPN is broadcast in 1080. According to what I'm reading, you won't be able to watch those channels without an external downconverter.

Its like putting a 4 banger in your vette. Sure, you could ... BUT WHY?

Dude, you know Insider's Advantage will have all kinds of deals soon for Christmas. Get discount gift cards there then score something on sale at a big box dealer. You will easily do better and then you don't have to worry about the TV getting jacked up in transit. Double score if you can get discounted Circuit City cards then buy something there since their stores are having mad fire sales right now.

There's a noticeable difference between 720p and 1080p. And that price is not that great for a 720p TV.. seen quite a few of them around that price..

Also, Black Friday is just around the corner. Best time for great deals..

I'm currently looking at a Sony - BRAVIA 1080p 40" Flat-Panel LCD HDTV - $999

Dude, you know Insider's Advantage will have all kinds of deals soon for Christmas. Get discount gift cards there then score something on sale at a big box dealer. You will easily do better and then you don't have to worry about the TV getting jacked up in transit. Double score if you can get discounted Circuit City cards then buy something there since their stores are having mad fire sales right now.

Also see about getting discounts for floor samples.