Halp Study halp!

taivas

Erect Member
Aug 12, 2008
coffeeland
Marklar
₥82
Alright. I have never before in my life had this much motivation to study. (Not even when I was in danger of failing out of a required class during my last semester of college, but I digress.)

This summer, I have two weddings to be in - one is my brother's, the other is my cousin's. Problem being, both weddings are right in the middle of my five months of job training. (Talk about bad timing.) I talked to one of the instructors here, he told me that he couldn't give me a yes/no answer, but that I should not expect to be able to go. :( But he also said that it would be up to the commander for my particular class, and that a large part of the decision would have to do with my academics. Bad scores = needs to spend time studying and not being in weddings.

Which doesn't sound that bad, except that in this particular course, 100 is considered "good", 98+ is considered "okay", and below 95 is considered "bad." :omy:

So, does anyone have any suggestions on getting to know a subject, inside and out, to the point of being able to ace tests?

Oh, and I'm pretty sure this means I'm not going to my cousin's bachelor party. :mad:

Depends entirely on what kind of brain you have, what kind of memory do you have and what kind of things do you remember best and do you know why (photgraphic, audio, etc)? Myself I have a very photographic brain so for me I can memorise large, large amounts of texts word for word and regurgitate. Also as Sanchez said - what subject?

I would have to say I'm an "active" learner - I have to understand how what I'm reading applies to what I'm actually doing. With regard to computers (my main hobby), this has usually meant I read something and can relate it to something I've done, or something I'm doing.

From what I've been able to gather, the main study areas are...
1) ICBM basics ("these are what the pieces do")
2) Non-war procedures (coordinating maintenance, reacting to security alarms, reacting to status alerts, etc.)
3) War procedures (turning your keys and praying for forgiveness :omy:)

It's kind of a specialized field, so I dunno how "active" I can be in learning. There's simulators, but my understanding is that they're reserved for tests...

The best method I use to study is to take all of the notes, pertinent textbook information, etc, and rewrite it in my own words so that I can pretty much describe it inside my head while I'm re-reading them later. Writing them down can be good for rote memory because you're re-learning the words after you see them for the first time, and putting them into your own language (so long as nothing gets lost or jarbled in translation) helps when you go back to study them.

Once you have your outlines and notes written, read them. Over and over. Start from the beginning of the material and work your way forward, take a break, and then do it in reverse. Lather, rinse, repeat. Once you get to the point where you can anticipate what's on the page, try telling yourself what's in your notes without actually looking at them, and then go back for key words to cue you to the answers in your head.

Last edited:
when you're taking the test imagine that all the missiles are naked. wait, that's for speeches. nevermind

Didn't the military do a study and found that less than half the people launched the missles during a real "crisis"? :lol:

see, this is what we should do with serial killers and amoral sociopaths.

Since they can't launch until they get an EAM anyway, best to have people with no moral or social qualms about killing behind the trigger.

Maybe you could just fire nukes at countries that don't really exist, like all the Eastern European 'stans'. Hit them, you're bound to pass the theory.

Nuke Japan for practice.

20qbacn.jpg