Stripper Pole Physics

you don't need a big base, just support's going out from the top that come down to there own base. so you'd have like 5 poles total and strip on the middle one.

I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but it seems to work just by tension and a pair of rubber jar openers. I just tried it (clothed, sorry) and it stays in place just by being set tight and a few turns of tension applied. So in the end it's just a section of pipe, an expandable coupling, another short section of pipe, flanges on either side, and rubber jar openers on each side of that. I don't think I'll be doing backflips on it any time soon, but I think it'll be perfect for some fun ... :)

I took some 120 and then 400 wetsanding paper to it, and it's not quite as smooth as I imagined. It's enough that it feels smooth, but it doesn't look like a nice mirrored surface. Anyone have some tips on getting it to look better?

I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but it seems to work just by tension and a pair of rubber jar openers. I just tried it (clothed, sorry) and it stays in place just by being set tight and a few turns of tension applied. So in the end it's just a section of pipe, an expandable coupling, another short section of pipe, flanges on either side, and rubber jar openers on each side of that. I don't think I'll be doing backflips on it any time soon, but I think it'll be perfect for some fun ... :)

I took some 120 and then 400 wetsanding paper to it, and it's not quite as smooth as I imagined. It's enough that it feels smooth, but it doesn't look like a nice mirrored surface. Anyone have some tips on getting it to look better?

pics?

get some scotch-brite and work your magic on it. seriously, a piece of scotch-brite will shine that pole right up. no rubbing compounds, no liquids, just a swift hand. if you scored it too badly with the 120 and 400, i'll tell you how to fix that.

let me know how it looks after you try the pad.

My uncle use to always tell my cousins that wives don't grow on the golden poles that they keep finding them on so just leave them at the clubs.

Considering one married two strippers and the other one it seemed like good advice.

I've worked in a machine shop for ten years to explain how to shine a stripper pole to someone on the internet. Go figure.