Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

Here’s a fun link. Configure basses any way you want, pop boners, and spank Cheetah.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
hello gear thread,,

i've been out of the bass buying game for about 10 years and might, hypothetically, be getting back into it. looking for a fretless option in the budget range, and i'm primarily a jazz bass guy (mostly for neck thinness)--anything in particular i should be looking around at? i was thinking of just going with an actual, well, jazz bass, but i'm not sure if there are better value plays around in that range.

hello gear thread,,

i've been out of the bass buying game for about 10 years and might, hypothetically, be getting back into it. looking for a fretless option in the budget range, and i'm primarily a jazz bass guy (mostly for neck thinness)--anything in particular i should be looking around at? i was thinking of just going with an actual, well, jazz bass, but i'm not sure if there are better value plays around in that range.

The Squier classic vibe fretless jazz gets some love. Never played one though.
I did have a MIM fretless jazz. I liked it.
Probably should have kept it. It's worth trying one out. I have a PJ fretless now.
Other than the few I mentioned, I don't have a lot of experience with other makes or models.
Screenshot_20210910-112324_Gallery.jpg

I can vouch for stability and playability of carvin necks buy they are nothing like fenders. At all. And if you don't like it you're pretty much stuck with it.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie