Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

I guess Nukes new bass is still in the shop .

here's some shreksy P-bass

p1010770-jpg.4150364

• Love
  • Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and adi
So the old lady's son got a M-audio oxygen something or other 25 midi deal and we're all going to be huge rap stars now.
At first I was like what the hell man we have real drums and bass we can just play those but I'll tell you this thing can do a lot of things. It's basically a 64-piece Orchestra in a box that doesn't make mistakes. You don't have to be some hacker level computer whiz to use it either. Very intuitive. Very nice. Lots of potential.

Now watch it be some obsolete thing where folks in the know are all that's cute grandpa you're so 20-teens.

So the old lady's son got a M-audio oxygen something or other 25 midi deal and we're all going to be huge rap stars now.
At first I was like what the hell man we have real drums and bass we can just play those but I'll tell you this thing can do a lot of things. It's basically a 64-piece Orchestra in a box that doesn't make mistakes. You don't have to be some hacker level computer whiz to use it either. Very intuitive. Very nice. Lots of potential.

Now watch it be some obsolete thing where folks in the know are all that's cute grandpa you're so 20-teens.
Beats dealing with dodgy bandmates ;)

Beats dealing with dodgy bandmates ;)
Beats me trying to record drums a single drum at a time too. I just can't split my brain and body into enough different parts to be a drummer. People like to give them shit but it's probably the hardest instrument there is to play or at least play well.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Beats me trying to record drums a single drum at a time too. I just can't split my brain and body into enough different parts to be a drummer. People like to give them shit but it's probably the hardest instrument there is to play or at least play well.
I think the oboe is harder. I can play a bit of drums, can't play the oboe for shit.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer
This one dude used to bring his theramin to parties to jam and let people try it out and stuff.
Those metal rods work off like electromagnetic energy from your body or something.
Your attitude, your vibe, your level of nervous energy or calm, your heart rate, how close you stand to it, can all affect things.
There is no such thing as hold your hands in this exact position and the instrument will do this exact thing.
It all varies, sometimes wildly, and is entirely a feel thing.
It's basically witchcraft. You don't make it do things you conjure things out of it.

• Gravy

It won't get high during rehearsals or get drunk before a show and fuck up time signatures.
I already love it.

Usually you have to use a software interface for drums. Then you can do kick-kick-snare. Or Snare-snare-kick. And get fancier from there. Programming rhythm is definitely the hardest thing to program nicely. Older interfaces were really suck, since you could only do ONE drum at a time so you had to imagine the other drum(s) for the other beats while programming. You'll still miss a really good drummer - that box will never know, when you lock eyes with it, to hesitate a fraction of a second before that next downbeat. You know, that one. rIght there. only there. If we're all feeling it.:cool:

• Gravy
Usually you have to use a software interface for drums. Then you can do kick-kick-snare. Or Snare-snare-kick. And get fancier from there. Programming rhythm is definitely the hardest thing to program nicely. Older interfaces were really suck, since you could only do ONE drum at a time so you had to imagine the other drum(s) for the other beats while programming. You'll still miss a really good drummer - that box will never know, when you lock eyes with it, to hesitate a fraction of a second before that next downbeat. You know, that one. rIght there. only there. If we're all feeling it.:cool:
I wasn't talking about programming drums, Eddie, I was talking about playing them.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: adi and wetwillie
I wasn't talking about programming drums, Eddie, I was talking about playing them.
Hey, I was just posting while taking a mid-sleep-cycle shit - I'll be lucky if I remembered to wipe my ass. No, not in bed - in the bathroom where the Chromebook lives on it's own stool. Where I am having the second wake-up of the day ;)

Last edited:
  • Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer