Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

cool eddie baba :) im pretty sure youll get it :)
make sure its not one of those controllers that only work with a specific software
Seems I'll be ok. Hope I can overwrite Jazzy Jeff's beats - maybe. I've gotten real good at making beats on my PC and dumping into my synth so I mainly need something to physically scratch. Last time I played with a DJ I played with his stuff :) whenever I could.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and adi
Seems I'll be ok. Hope I can overwrite Jazzy Jeff's beats - maybe. I've gotten real good at making beats on my PC and dumping into my synth so I mainly need something to physically scratch. Last time I played with a DJ I played with his stuff :) whenever I could.
sounds like fun :) post vids :)

I believe it's those digital things where you can "scratch" wav files or mp3s or whatever instead of a physical vinyl record on an actual turntable.
Advantages to the digital - holds cuts from MANY records. Has 2 different outputs - USB and RCA. Small, lightweight, some built in beats, etc. I can't dump a song on my phone into a turntable. I can dump one into this.
This is funny, I fucked off for about 2 hours today jamming on the keys with various beats. I never had realized how nice Octarina and overdriven guitar go together :rolleyes:

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer
Advantages to the digital - holds cuts from MANY records. Has 2 different outputs - USB and RCA. Small, lightweight, some built in beats, etc. I can't dump a song on my phone into a turntable. I can dump one into this.
This is funny, I fucked off for about 2 hours today jamming on the keys with various beats. I never had realized how nice Octarina and overdriven guitar go together :rolleyes:

I figured you can do more stuff with it and not have to drag a bunch of records around. I'm no scratcher but I imagine there's a feel aspect/learning curve as it's not a big mechanical spinning wheel.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
I figured you can do more stuff with it and not have to drag a bunch of records around. I'm no scratcher but I imagine there's a feel aspect/learning curve as it's not a big mechanical spinning wheel.
Don't know about this one but my DJ's had a a setting where you could slightly adjust how far it would move through the song, per X amount of rotation. Slight compensation for people with bigger/smaller hands or if you want to -want to {shk, shk} want - want {shk-shk} want- want - to do more or less of a song clip/pa, pa, pa passage. I was going to tell a funny story about a stuttering guy and earwigs but, but, but I'll save it for a later time.
The thinking seems to be if you learn on the digital you never miss the turntable. Not so much vis-a-versa but some have quite successfully.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer