Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

The itch started with me doing a modern cover of Buffalo Springfield's For What It's Worth. I think this Billy Porter cover is close to the groove I'm visualizing.

We won the battle - now the war really starts. Just feel it, shit will get worse before better.

Scratch units - I got the itch, want something modest priced $200-400. @definitely @adi *Wasn't sure on either of you. Maybe OOD? I believe all other ukelele players hate the genres that would use scratch.

good question. I actually know almost nothing about scratching tbh, never tried to get into the DJing side of things. interested in what you find though.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and adi
like a real technics turntable or one of those mp3 machines?
pioneer ddj type(?)
digital. Much as I'd like to use real vinyl, it's a HASSLE - Big and bulky. Albiet, feel is much better - I've played with both. I have a nice Pioneer tt - I'll use that to sample from. ;)

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
digital. Much as I'd like to use real vinyl, it's a HASSLE - Big and bulky. Albiet, feel is much better - I've played with both. I have a nice Pioneer tt - I'll use that to sample from. ;)
cool eddie baba then chk this one out

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie

Thanks baba! <3 I might go for it, I like Pioneer stuff for most part. I was looking at Stanton's - partly just due to the Stanton beat watches I occasionally get and resell. :D
1610890259312.png

• Love
  • Gravy
Reactions: Strings and adi

Bidding on one Pioneer DDJ-SB3 Digital DJ Controller. Claims used for only one gig, super clean, box, manual, cables. fingers crossed. IF I like I'll sell off my Akai pads to soften the purchase.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Bidding on one Pioneer DDJ-SB3 Digital DJ Controller. Claims used for only one gig, super clean, box, manual, cables. fingers crossed. IF I like I'll sell off my Akai pads to soften the purchase.
cool eddie baba :) im pretty sure youll get it :)
make sure its not one of those controllers that only work with a specific software

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie