Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

And apparently its been discontinued and is now double the price.
Because of the infamous build quality of Behringer pedals, I can't say the SF-300 is worth $80 + or more.
If you can find it cheaper, say 40 or less, and want to play with a fuzz/ octave fuzz/ boost pedal its worth it.
I might have mine re-housed in a better enclosure. Though that won't save the eventual death of the cheap internal components.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Its a clone of the Hyper fuzz fz2.
The JHS guy talks about it in this video at around 20:00. The whole video is worth a watch.

Not in stock but sweetafter expects more.

Amazon 3rd party sellers have them starting at $80.
Maybe they aren't discontinued yet.
A real Boss Hyper Fuzz is $220 or better i think.

• Gravy
Over all, I'm a pretty fuzzy guy.
I just like it better than OD or straight up distortion.
Just lends itself better to what I do.
Other user's experience my vary.

• Gravy
Amazon 3rd party sellers have them starting at $80.
Maybe they aren't discontinued yet.
A real Boss Hyper Fuzz is $220 or better i think.
Check Amazon and walmart online prices with a respectable retailer. All the switches are over 600 bucks on both sites, when they are normally 300.

• Gravy
Over all, I'm a pretty fuzzy guy.
I just like it better than OD or straight up distortion.
Just lends itself better to what I do.
Other user's experience my vary.
will it do regular fuzz or is it octave fuzz only?

• Gravy
I got this on the cheap too.
Not bad, but needs to be blended or bi-amped to make it really usable for bass in my opinion.
ucfl0zi5ieg6c1uxl8cy.jpg
I think they re-labled it as "Voodoo Octave" now.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: adi and OOD
If this can get the sounds that my MXR M80 distortion can get, I'm interested. Why the Dry/wet knobs though? I feel like a blend knob would be much easier to dial in.

Dry / wet knobs are like a blend.
I think it balances volumes for clean/ wet.
A blend might have been better for this.
This pedal and the bass fuzz both have the wet/ dry and it can end up sounding like two instruments playing (one clean, one dirty) instead of one blended one.
For some situations thats cool. And for some not so much

• Gravy
If this can get the sounds that my MXR M80 distortion can get, I'm interested. Why the Dry/wet knobs though? I feel like a blend knob would be much easier to dial in.

As far as getting the M-80 type distortion.
(I have both) it probably could and then some but I haven't compared the two yet.
The M-80 isn't on the board right now.

• Gravy
Dry / wet knobs are like a blend.
I think it balances volumes for clean/ wet.
A blend might have been better for this.
This pedal and the bass fuzz both have the wet/ dry and it can end up sounding like two instruments playing (one clean, one dirty) instead of one blended one.
For some situations thats cool. And for some not so much
kind of like bi-amping without actually doing it. That pedal I posted earlier, Tri Parallel, lets you run pedals parallel instead of series. It probably as a sort of bi-amp sound.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Strings
As far as getting the M-80 type distortion.
(I have both) it probably could and then some but I haven't compared the two yet.
The M-80 isn't on the board right now.
I'm not very picky with distortion sounds so It's probably close enough for me either way. I get picky with softer drives. Anything heavy I prefer face-melting. At that point is it even bass.

• Gravy
I'm not very picky with distortion sounds so It's probably close enough for me either way. I get picky with softer drives. Anything heavy I prefer face-melting. At that point is it even bass.

The mxr bass distortion is based on a rat distortion circuit i think. There is very little subtle to it. :lol:

• Gravy
I've wanted a 34-35" scale 5 string with tight af string spacing for a while. I would mostly stay at the 5th fret or higher. If I stay high up like that it would feel shorter than a short scale and I'd have the low B for the occasionally treat.

The thought crossed my mind to convert a 4-string P bass to a 5-string. I know how much you love my adventurous ideas.
I approve of all of this. On a 5 with a sleek neck I wear the fuck out of 5th thru 16th frets.

20200730_102822.jpg
This is every pedal I own besides a tuner. I got rid of quite a few that did not spark joy.

I found a way to make them all work well together. The eq is being used to tame the mid scoop of the sansamp and boost the overall signal so I can drive the hell out of the sansamp, but I can still get it completely clean if I want.

The blend is turned up pretty high on the sansamp so it doesn't muddy up the MXR M80. The M80 is a very transparent preamp when the color switch is disabled, like I have it now.

With this setup, I'm able to go super clean, slight OD, or moderate distortion--as an always on effect. Then when I'm feeling randy, I can stomp on the M80 drive for some heavy distortion, which btw turns on the color switch automatically--this can be good or bad, but I think I've made it a net positive. I think a fuzz at the end or between the preamps would make this a very versatile setup.

All this is being run into my effects return to bypass my Portaflex head's preamp, otherwise the eq is a mess.