Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

thanks, baba
i need some dirt in my tone. been chasing that hi-fi tone for the past 20 years, found it, loved it, and i'm done!
thanks baba and same same paco, since i heard the real thing by faith no more i wanted to try dirty bass tones :p

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas
I don't know all the different models of Schecters and I've held and played far more guitars of theirs than basses but there's been some that were like holy shit this is nice and worth every bit of $700, or more. Some also were kinda nothing special but totally on par with a mexican fender. Never got ahold of one that was low-grade or anything like that.

Might not be a popular brand or might have a marketing image geared towards the metal crowd or whatever but they're not bad instruments and some of them really good.

I don't know all the different models of Schecters and I've held and played far more guitars of theirs than basses but there's been some that were like holy shit this is nice and worth every bit of $700, or more. Some also were kinda nothing special but totally on par with a mexican fender. Never got ahold of one that was low-grade or anything like that.

Might not be a popular brand or might have a marketing image geared towards the metal crowd or whatever but they're not bad instruments and some of them really good.
I think the build is fine, they just seem to lack zing. I've had 2. I've also sold 2 ;)

I’ve had two Schecters, a P5 and a Model T.

The P5, I should’ve kept but I went through a phase of ditching all basses over 32” scale, and it was a 35”. Sold.

The Model T, also sold for the same reason, I would’ve put up against any American Fender P bass. Light also, around 8 lbs.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer
Ibanez is one of the first major manufacturers to finally introduce a medium scale five string tuned B-G. If my spare nickels weren’t all going towards medical bills, they’d be going into a jar for one of these. In black, of course.