Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

Part of road tripping is going into and out of local radio station ranges.
Its especially cool in the Midwest and the Great Plains.
Can hear the farm report. Talk about grain and livestock production. How the hunting or fishing is going. Classified ad buying and selling live on the air.
It's pretty great.

Come to Philly and hear about the local shootings you can't hear about otherwise because of the low body counts.
KYW News Radio 1060.

happened to know somebody who was more curious than nukes baba about these "chickenbackers" :p:D
Hey, hey, she is a fine instrument after I spent a few hundred dollars and 20+ hours. Actually, this retrovibe was pretty decent right out of the box. But the dude in England had the chinese knock out a custom order of 50 or so of them, so it had that going for it.. Here it is upgraded with Hipshot Ric tuners, an Ibanez ATK bridge and some name brand pickups(DUncans). And paisley pickgerd. Neck feels like a P-bass.

Last edited:
@adi might have meant someone else but you guys gave me a bit of shit over the 2 of those I've had so I figured I'd take the bait. First chickenfaker off Alibaba was absolute shit. The worst.
i did mean someone else eddie baba :) and they were the earlier versions who knows maybe theyre better now but like you said baba, they will need work

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and wetwillie
Hey, hey, she is a fine instrument after I spent a few hundred dollars and 20+ hours. Actually, this retrovibe was pretty decent right out of the box. But the dude in England had the chinese knock out a custom order of 50 or so of them, so it had that going for it.. Here it is upgraded with Hipshot Ric tuners, an Ibanez ATK bridge and some name brand pickups(DUncans). And paisley pickgerd. Neck feels like a P-bass.
View attachment 9391
sweet!! :)

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
i did mean someone else eddie baba :) and they were the earlier versions who knows maybe theyre better now but like you said baba, they will need work
ahhh. Yeah, I had a burgundy one that LOOKED nice but was shit. Neck was like a straight piece of lumber, sucky this, sucky that. One day while it was dis-assembled(again) I said fuck it. Garbage man was amazed and put the body in the cab of their truck. :fly:Google REtrovibe - his CHinese knock-off are better than the usual.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
ahhh. Yeah, I had a burgundy one that LOOKED nice but was shit. Neck was like a straight piece of lumber, sucky this, sucky that. One day while it was dis-assembled(again) I said fuck it. Garbage man was amazed and put the body in the cab of their truck. :fly:Google REtrovibe - his CHinese knock-off are better than the usual.
heeeeheee :)
imma chk em out eddie baba :)

Are Retrovibes now considered Chickenbackers? I thought they were inspired by Ric, not direct knockoffs.

As far as pass me Meshuggah for mecornflakes, I’m unfamiliar (too deathy for me I guess) but I always thought Warwick Dolphin basses looked comfy.