Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

Here we go.

20190723_140918.jpg

20190723_162710.jpg

20190723_142838.jpg

20190723_162008.jpg

20190723_162223.jpg

Probably can't see it from the pics but there was a gap in the back of the cab from where the amp used to be, making it unstable to stack.

I found that piece of wood for 4 bucks at Lowe's and It only needed to be cut once.

I did split my wood once. :-( but it won't be visible or effect stability. I even drilled holes out. Not big enough I guess.

It was a good way to spend a Tuesday. Took my time on it and had fun.

Um...what were the files for?

Just tryin to throw us off the trail weren't ya.
It was 13 dollars for the drill bit I would have used for the feet holes so I bought the little files to make the holes bigger. I think those are a good size for filing nuts too so they may have more use later on. I have a bass that needs a new nut collecting dust.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer
What gauge wire do I need?

I'm going to snip the wires on my combo amp that connect to the speaker and wire two female 1/4" for an amp output and speaker input.

That way I can bypass the amp when I want to run the two cabs together with one 2 ohm head. Or just link the speaker out/in with a small 1/4" so it can still be used as a combo.

What gauge wire do I need?

I'm going to snip the wires on my combo amp that connect to the speaker and wire two female 1/4" for an amp output and speaker input.

That way I can bypass the amp when I want to run the two cabs together with one 2 ohm head. Or just link the speaker out/in with a small 1/4" so it can still be used as a combo.

Those are short runs and don't need to be real thick even with a good amount of power in them. Lot of older speaker cabinets internal wiring is as small as 18 gauge.
On yours, 16 gauge (length of lamp cord) or 14 gauge (strip a length of extension cord) be just fine. Thicker than that totally unnecessary and the extra weight can put unneeded stress on the little tabs/connections.

It's all stranded copper wire. No practical difference between speaker wire and any other wire.

Can Google up a chart that shows resistance/heat/power loss with X power through X size wire going X distance if you want.

Lot of people go too thick on the short runs and too thin on the long runs.
Got heavy ass wire on the 2 feet in their speaker box and not heavy enough ass wire on the 30+ footers running to spread out PA speaker.

You just need ass wire of the correct heaviness. 16 gauge work fine. 14 work fine too if it fits through the little holes on the jacks.

Those are short runs and don't need to be real thick even with a good amount of power in them. Lot of older speaker cabinets internal wiring is as small as 18 gauge.
On yours, 16 gauge (length of lamp cord) or 14 gauge (strip a length of extension cord) be just fine. Thicker than that totally unnecessary and the extra weight can put unneeded stress on the little tabs/connections.

It's all stranded copper wire. No practical difference between speaker wire and any other wire.

Can Google up a chart that shows resistance/heat/power loss with X power through X size wire going X distance if you want.

Lot of people go too thick on the short runs and too thin on the long runs.
Got heavy ass wire on the 2 feet in their speaker box and not heavy enough ass wire on the 30+ footers running to spread out PA speaker.

You just need ass wire of the correct heaviness. 16 gauge work fine. 14 work fine too if it fits through the little holes on the jacks.
Thanks Hips!

• Gravy
  • Love
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer
The price has been lowered!: