Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

Almost had my gig time slots cut in half, effectively cutting my pay in half. Me and the guitarist were like "we're out" there are two people in this thing that just do "backup vocals" we told the BL to fire them so we could keep our hours. She said she's going to so we'll see. I'll suck dick for money before I play to break even.

Thinking about converting my G&L from a 4 to a 5 string. I know I'll never be okay without a B string and I would really like a G back for certain projects.

I also might like to convert a 5 string to a six because I'm a dumbass and it sounds fun.

Boy I'm smrt.

You just hang another string off the side and let it ring or you squish them together at guitar spacing?
New bridge, new tuner, new nut, tighter string spacing. It's not too tight on a p style neck especially the old thick ones, about like a Spector. I wouldn't try it on a jazz. No need for new pickups.

Its nothing that would save me money. That bass just has sentimental value for me but the neck doesn't. Worse case scenario I change the neck out for a skinnier one if I don't like it.

I have a Fender P bass. If I tried to add a string, it would be WAY tighter than the two 5 string Spectors I’ve owned.

It would approach guitar spacing.

Just my opinion.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and adi
New bridge, new tuner, new nut, tighter string spacing. It's not too tight on a p style neck especially the old thick ones, about like a Spector. I wouldn't try it on a jazz. No need for new pickups.

Its nothing that would save me money. That bass just has sentimental value for me but the neck doesn't. Worse case scenario I change the neck out for a skinnier one if I don't like it.

I'm with Immi. Would seem way too tight for me regardless of what 4-string neck you started with.
Maybe if you only play with a pick. I got fat fingers. Might not even be able to fit them between the strings.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I'm with Immi. Would seem way too tight for me regardless of what 4-string neck you started with.
Maybe if you only play with a pick. I got fat fingers. Might not even be able to fit them between the strings.
It's tight but that's what I want. I don't slap cause nobody every takes me up on my slap rate. It's expensive and poorly executed.

• Love
  • Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer
@Immigrant you ever bought a guitar hero controller from goodwill and smashed it on the sidewalk right outside the store. It's fun as hell. I'm just guessing. I wouldn't know.

I bought a 15 watt electric guitar amp from a dude for 25 bucks. Is it worth it? I don't even own an electric guitar.
15606409462792138457005.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: adi