Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

I might take pics for y'all of my TC mod. I'm going to make it a slave but I need to fill in the top where the knobs were. It'll be easy enough, I just wish I had a band saw. I bet my guitar tech buddy will let me use the one at the guitar shop. Or cut it for me. Not the best Idea to let a punk off the street use company equipment, Hell I might accidentally cut me thumb off.

Can't find those anywhere.
Marvin Guitars is building 10 string octave basses.
$3500.
Cash Me Outside.
Apparently GC and Reverb get them regularly, usually go for $750-ish - albeit sold instantly. "Dean Edge Hammer 10".

But yeah, I could kick my own nuts for selling mine before going 12 crazy. The 12s don't add that much more(can be overkill), is really a monster to play, hard on your back and fuck all those strings to change out.

I might take pics for y'all of my TC mod. I'm going to make it a slave but I need to fill in the top where the knobs were. It'll be easy enough, I just wish I had a band saw. I bet my guitar tech buddy will let me use the one at the guitar shop. Or cut it for me. Not the best Idea to let a punk off the street use company equipment, Hell I might accidentally cut me thumb off.

Please do.

As a slave can still use the master vol. but the rest become moot.

As an extension cab you could make a storage compartment out of the place the amp used to be. Hinge & latch or some Velcro.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and OOD
I’m not banned, I just got sick of vanilla.

Same.

Still allowed, haven't logged in in forever.

Landed there a little while ago as something came up in a search and lo and behold I thought I was looking at an archive or something.

"Is Ampeg the best tube amp?"

"Should I get a 15 or a 410?"

"Check out my new $6000 copy of a run of the mill Fender!"

"What's the best 110 combo for playing stadiums?"

"Can someone explain ohms?"

Same.

Landed there a little while ago as something came up in a search and lo and behold I thought I was looking at an archive or something.

I still peruse the threads there once in awhile and every few months, I learn something. That site (and others, but them especially) is far from friendly if you’re not logged in. Constant pop ups offering memberships, along with the ever popular error messages.

I still peruse the threads there once in awhile and every few months, I learn something. That site (and others, but them especially) is far from friendly if you’re not logged in. Constant pop ups offering memberships, along with the ever popular error messages.

There is a ton of info there if you can sift through the bs and find it. Some good, knowledgeable, well meaning people too.

I just got put off by the place when I saw the ass end of it.

Hyper sensitive Nancy's that'll complain about anything.

Mods engaging in the exact same behavior they ban people for.

Builders and their fanboy shills advertising masquerading as fake discussion.

It's a shit show.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Maybe I'll log in there to say hi to a few folks who helped me out in the past if they're even still alive, answer a 4 year old pm or two, and then leave.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
Same.

Some people are only happy in the role of Mentor. So the talk Bass World exists for The NeverEnding mentor and they get to feel useful to Society for the skills and the information that they have garnered over the years.