Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

I think my most expensive one was $750 or so with tax and a case. Probably 600-650 for just the bass.

That was 25 years ago so it's probably $10,000 in today's money.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and nukes
It was $1400 but there was an issue with the pickup. So about $1700 once I dealt with the builders engineering errors, and ragged fret issues.
He went way past the due date. Figured it was cheaper to fix it than ship it back and lose the bass for another 2 years.

I don't understand how some of these "builders" can price a bass like that knowing it has problems.

I don't understand how some of these "builders" can price a bass like that knowing it has problems.
Dave Certin (certain bass) is a unique flower. Been kicked off talk bass etc...
Less famous than Ken Smith but almost as hated.
He's CERTAIN he's right. Assembles a mean Fender clone. Tried to talk me out of a 5 string with a P pickup.
He didn't know what he was doing. Used a 4 string split P and spread it out wider. The P polepiece missed the A string entirely, so I only got signal from the J pickup on the A string.
Jim Mouradian (R.I.P) told me to buy the Fender P 5 and re routed the body and cut a new pickguard.

Dave Certin (certain bass) is a unique flower. Been kicked off talk bass etc...
Less famous than Ken Smith but almost as hated.
He's CERTAIN he's right. Assembles a mean Fender clone. Tried to talk me out of a 5 string with a P pickup.
He didn't know what he was doing. Used a 4 string split P and spread it out wider. The P polepiece missed the A string entirely, so I only got signal from the J pickup on the A string.
Jim Mouradian (R.I.P) told me to buy the Fender P 5 and re routed the body and cut a new pickguard.

I was gonna say if he got kicked off TB he can't be all bad but that stuff about spreading out the pickup makes him a complete dumbass.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant