Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

I stumbled into somebodys blogspot thing that has what every thunderbird player needs and probably some others with neck dive issues.

I don't know why I didn't think of this. It's such an elegantly simple thing.

ASAT Horn Strap Button Extender 017 small.jpg
ASAT Horn Strap Button Extender 016 small.jpg

Seems more solid to me and more pleasing to the eye than an extended peg with the strap button on the end of it.

http://k6jca.blogspot.com/2013/06/homebrew-horn-strap-button-extender-for.html?m=1

I stumbled into somebodys blogspot thing that has what every thunderbird player needs and probably some others with neck dive issues.

I don't know why I didn't think of this. It's such an elegantly simple thing.

View attachment 6916
View attachment 6917

Seems more solid to me and more pleasing to the eye than an extended peg with the strap button on the end of it.

http://k6jca.blogspot.com/2013/06/homebrew-horn-strap-button-extender-for.html?m=1
Pretty nice unless you like playing up-neck.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer
Pretty nice unless you like playing up-neck.

That's a left-handed bass the guy made it for. Your fingers would be reaching across from the side that doesn't have the extension. Thumb hit the neck pocket per usual.

I suppose it could feel odd going way up there but maybe just take a little getting used to? The piece is more of a flat plate where it mounts. Wouldn't need to be more than 1/8" thick.

The guy based it off of this 3-holer.

DSC00802.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I suppose a neck-thru that would have a contoured transition there from neck to body would take a little re-engineering. Or just a longer extension arm so you could mount it further back where the back of the body is flat.

That's a left-handed bass the guy made it for. Your fingers would be reaching across from the side that doesn't have the extension. Thumb hit the neck pocket per usual.

I suppose it could feel odd going way up there but maybe just take a little getting used to? The piece is more of a flat plate where it mounts. Wouldn't need to be more than 1/8" thick.

The guy based it off of this 3-holer.

View attachment 6921
I realized that - still seems like it might be slightly in the way. Steinberger or Hofner made a piece like that for a while. NO, not the leg rest.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer