Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

If you mean the XL series HArtke's with the stereo/mono switch and two input jacks - no, they don't cut off half the speakers to achieve 8 ohm and add the other(s)s for 4. Obviously you could have 2 speakers on each "side", just use 8 ohm speakers ran in series on the magenta and blue wires for a 4 speaker cab. In mono position the right hand jack can be used with another 8 ohm cab to achieve 4 ohms total impedance.
View attachment 6241

Ya. In stereo mode you could run a cable from each amp on the head and use all the power.
Electrically it's the same as running 2 cabinets. They just happen to be sitting in the same box.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and adi
Anyone use the Hartke aluminum cones?
What are those like? Not as "warm" as the paper I would think.
I have the Hydrives like above, which are part aluminum. A little brighter but easily tweaked back. Some people put blobs of silicone or other shit on the backside of the aluminum part to cut the chirp a bit. My geezer ears don't need that. "What's that you say honey, I can't hear you!"
Oh - I like them. Fucking light and loud. I'm stacking a 410 on a 115. Sacrilege:p

The one you let get away!
What do you regret the most? Selling, trading etc.

85 Ibanez roadstar.
Ibanez bass stack dirt pedal.
Oh and that 410

Used to have a kickback combo with the aluminum 15. Real punchy. Loud. Really bright. Usually sat it upright/facing forward to get all that treble out of my ears.

The one you let get away!
What do you regret the most? Selling, trading etc.

85 Ibanez roadstar.
Ibanez bass stack dirt pedal.
Oh and that 410

No huge regrets here.
Once in a while I miss my little Valve Jr. Novelty wore off, not loud enough to play out anywhere even on guitar, sold it.
Sounded 100x better than any other little 5-10 watt home practice amp.
Always wanted to replace the knob with one off an oven so you could turn it up to Broil.

Other one was my Peavey Classic400 in tweed pattern tolex. Gorgeous amp. With eight 6550's and clean and dirt channels you could blend it sounded like the voice of God himself just louder.
At 98lbs. No way I'd be dragging it anywhere these days.

The one I regret not buying when I had the chance was an all natural yellowish/blonde finish G&L bass with the telecaster shape body and the 2 fat musicman style humbuckers with the mini-switches that gave you all the wiring options.
Was a good deal on an incredible sounding and playing bass.
I buy cars now for less than what one would cost new.

Had a Mesa Boogie Buster! Yes the ! was part of the name. 115 all tube combo. Even had the "tone luggage" setup where you could roll it with a telescopic handle.

What I didn't count on was 113 lbs. Say WAAAAAT?
Somewhere past my 45th birthday I realized I was beyond gigging such a monstrosity.
Sold it cheap.
Then I saw people on TB who had figured out how to separate a head from the cab.
DOH!
I loved that amp.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I had this
View attachment 6243
On top of this
View attachment 6244
But sold the 410.
Shouldn't have done that.
Meh.
i want this :(
4200.jpg

Had a Mesa Boogie Buster! Yes the ! was part of the name. 115 all tube combo. Even had the "tone luggage" setup where you could roll it with a telescopic handle.

What I didn't count on was 113 lbs. Say WAAAAAT?
Somewhere past my 45th birthday I realized I was beyond gigging such a monstrosity.
Sold it cheap.
Then I saw people on TB who had figured out how to separate a head from the cab.
DOH!
I loved that amp.
Mesa is shorthand for massively heavy. That is all.