Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

usually in such cases one of the speaker outs is a bridged out
right?

Ya some are wired up like that inside and just have jack on the back labeled Bridge.

Some of my older power amps you just used a banana plug to get the + from one amp and - from the other into a single plug.

They'd need to be designed with that intention.

Ya some are wired up like that inside and just have jack on the back labeled Bridge.

Some of my older power amps you just used a banana plug to get the + from one amp and - from the other into a single plug.

They'd need to be designed with that intention.
ya same thing with my crown power amp with the banana plugs

Now you got me wondering if people that use these things to drive an 810 or whatever really have half the juice they think they do and a 3500 would end up at the exact same place. :)

I think it would.

I wonder if Hartkes big cabs they sold with them have 2 input jacks, each running half the speakers. Or if they just sold them with 2-cab stacks.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
I know I needed two 8 ohm cabs to get the full 350 out my 3500.
And I mixed drivers too.
There, I said it.
1-410 and 1-115.
Sounded wonderful.
To me and the drunks.

Right. So if you hooked up an 810 or 215 or whatever (most are 4 ohm) with a single input to the 7000, you'd only have 1 cable connected to 1 of the amps and it'd be the exact same as setting your 3500 on one of those cabs.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Strings
I wonder if Hartkes big cabs they sold with them have 2 input jacks, each running half the speakers. Or if they just sold them with 2-cab stacks.
If you mean the XL series HArtke's with the stereo/mono switch and two input jacks - no, they don't cut off half the speakers to achieve 8 ohm and add the other(s)s for 4. Obviously you could have 2 speakers on each "side", just use 8 ohm speakers ran in series on the magenta and blue wires for a 4 speaker cab. In mono position the right hand jack can be used with another 8 ohm cab to achieve 4 ohms total impedance.
1549828072479.png