So we've covered,
Fender. (And knock offs)
Ric.
Ibanez.
Smith.
Danelectro.
Guild.
Gibson.

All have a unique style. Other than the lawsuit era Ibanez models.
What other "bass shapes" am I missing.

not sure if it's unique to them but i've always associated the little horns at the bottom of the body with alembic.

a la
1553045258753.png

I feel like I'm missing a J shape in my arsenal. feels like one of those bass body shapes that you just need to have one of.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
what's the deal with ampeg nowadays? is a P with tort and flats through an ampeg still the bread and butter of TB gear convos?

haven't bought or researched a piece of bass gear in 6 or 7 years now. what's the new wave?

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer
what's the deal with ampeg nowadays? is a P with tort and flats through an ampeg still the bread and butter of TB gear convos?

haven't bought or researched a piece of bass gear in 6 or 7 years now. what's the new wave?
Although I have a talk bass shadow puppet, anytime I see a thread on Precision basses or Ampeg amplifiers I bypass it with Great Gusto.

Ampeg hasn't done anything new or innovative since the 60's. Ya that stuff sounds great and is still the industry go to for back line but how long can a company run on one thing?

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Ampeg hasn't done anything new or innovative since the 60's. Ya that stuff sounds great and is still the industry go to for back line but how long can a company run on one thing?
Well they're Pro-Line starting with the 3 Pro tube mosfet hybrid head was pretty Innovative in the 1990s. But the first issuance of that 3 Pro head was horrible. The Mosfets over drove and nobody was able to troubleshoot the issue for several years.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer