Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

Just so you know.
I was comparing flush cutters. In this case to cut cheap, harbor freight zip ties.

Xuron flush cutter $8. - had to apply a little pressure but a clean cut. Cut off went flying. Feels a little cheap. Spring open.
Not a real spring. Little metal strip in the handle. Needs a little help to open wide.

Hakko flush cutter. $5 - again needed a little pressure to cut. Clean. Cut off went flying. Better feel than the Xuron. Metal strip 'spring' in the handle. Pops open wider than the xuron.

Harbor freight $4. (I got it for $2) - easy cut. Cut off dropped dead down, didn't fly off into the room and get lost for someone to step on later. Real spring easy open. Wide. Feels a little better than the xuron.

I wouldn't use any of them as a string cutter, don't think they would last but they aren't meant to be anyway. They're all soft gauge micro wire cutters. Good for pickup or electronics surgery.

By the way, all three left stress marks at the cut line. Cheap plastic ties I know but something to consider if you're cutting something that shows.
Get a good (God hand or valtcan) sprue cutter / nipper for very small fine detail cuts like in custom pickguards or soft plastic around pickups.

Just so you know.
I was comparing flush cutters. In this case to cut cheap, harbor freight zip ties.

Xuron flush cutter $8. - had to apply a little pressure but a clean cut. Cut off went flying. Feels a little cheap. Spring open.
Not a real spring. Little metal strip in the handle. Needs a little help to open wide.

Hakko flush cutter. $5 - again needed a little pressure to cut. Clean. Cut off went flying. Better feel than the Xuron. Metal strip 'spring' in the handle. Pops open wider than the xuron.

Harbor freight $4. (I got it for $2) - easy cut. Cut off dropped dead down, didn't fly off into the room and get lost for someone to step on later. Real spring easy open. Wide. Feels a little better than the xuron.

I wouldn't use any of them as a string cutter, don't think they would last but they aren't meant to be anyway. They're all soft gauge micro wire cutters. Good for pickup or electronics surgery.
NOW WE KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE YOUR BOSS!

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
By the way, all three left stress marks at the cut line. Cheap plastic ties I know but something to consider if you're cutting something that shows.
Get a good (God hand or valtcan) sprue cutter / nipper for very small fine detail cuts like in custom pickguards or soft plastic around pickups.
they have some good stuff, valtcan, cant find the other one here, thanks baba :)

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
I just got back my Hartke 3500 that was on long loan to a friend. Cheap bastard just returned it in a gator case with my 115 cab.
I don't remember a gator case.
Maybe he's not completely cheap.
That series of Hartke amps is one of the greatest series ever produced. I love my 7000.