Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

So I bought a new bass a few months ago. Super exotic bolt on jazz with bartolini jazz pickups. Freaking birdseye walnut top. 7 piece neck with wenge and purple heart and maple.

When I received it it was a basket case. Quarter inch + action. Setup guy got it halfway. Watched a lot of yootoob videos on fretless setup. Got the neck really straight. Preamp batteries were almost dead. It's literally two cunthairs from perfect now. @Strings this is #9! I call it "Albatross". Prolly weights 11 lbs. Think I'll post a Pic 😍

• Love
Reactions: adi and Strings
It's bolt on, @Strings. That bass is way better after I got a pro setup from Wes, my new tech.

So I bought a lemon on Reverb. A super boat anchor fancy wood delight 5 string fretless with bartolini pickups and electronics, ebony board, Kickass (badass V) bridge, ash body and BIRDSEYE WALNUT top!!! Took it to Wes and he could only get the action to medium. Really stiff.

So? I noodle some more. I read the dreaded talkbass regarding this issue. The sexperts all said "fretless neck should have almost no bow in it" so I've done several slight truss rod tightenings. It's a cunthair from being where I like it. Thinking about filing the nut slots.
Taking the action at the bridge down lower gave me KLANK like Wes said it would. So I brought it back up and began to focus on truss rod adjustment.
Sometimes a beautiful piece ain't all that in bed. Hmm. Went back to my purple fretless and apologized lol.
i had that cheaper version gary willis ibanez bass
needed constant truss adjustment
i dont know what it is about some fretless basses theyre kind of fussy

• Gravy
Reactions: NukesII
So the TwoNotes LeBass...
Channel 2 is pure insane 12ax7 tube crunch. Sounds incredible when I feed the source audio envelope filter into it.

Took me months to figure out channel 1. Low gain tube drive. Think I got it. Bass at 12:00 neutral. Treble at 3pm. Gain also around 12 or 1. Volume (level). Kinda tricky. I'll report back after the next gig I do from a wheelchair.

My drummer doesn't like level boosts. I agree. If i wanted a boost pedal I'd buy a boost pedal. Level should be same DB as the Amp itself.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
So the TwoNotes LeBass...
Channel 2 is pure insane 12ax7 tube crunch. Sounds incredible when I feed the source audio envelope filter into it.

Took me months to figure out channel 1. Low gain tube drive. Think I got it. Bass at 12:00 neutral. Treble at 3pm. Gain also around 12 or 1. Volume (level). Kinda tricky. I'll report back after the next gig I do from a wheelchair.

My drummer doesn't like level boosts. I agree. If i wanted a boost pedal I'd buy a boost pedal. Level should be same DB as the Amp itself.
if it has a presence knob boost that and reduce the treble
kind of gives a nicer top end, i think :)

Been really digging channel I of TwoNotes LeBass past few days. Adds just the tiniest bit of grit and grind to my tone. Rumbling lows, shimmering highs. I shouldn't get my hopes up tho because everything live hinges on the daggers coming out of my drummers eyes...

G string was fucked up on the newer pretty girl bass. Good thing I'm a pack rat. Dug into the string bin, found a D'Addario Chrome G. Older than the one currently on the bass.
Swapped it out. Guess what❓
It was the string.