Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

Strings

Stuck with this Shitty Title
Apr 18, 2016
I have a TC Electronic wiretap. Basically it's a recorder in pedal form.
Good for practice and catching those ideas and riffs that come and go in an instant. As long as you remember to turn it on. It does seem more a novelty given other just as easy options for recording.
But it does sound good during playback. So it could be used as a limited looper.

Flint Peacewood

Half-staff Member
Apr 20, 2022
NE Ohio
I have a TC Electronic wiretap. Basically it's a recorder in pedal form.
Good for practice and catching those ideas and riffs that come and go in an instant. As long as you remember to turn it on. It does seem more a novelty given other just as easy options for recording.
But it does sound good during playback. So it could be used as a limited looper.
I seem to remember one of the early recording devices used a wire, and I think an early echo device used one.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings

Strings

Stuck with this Shitty Title
Apr 18, 2016
I seem to remember one of the early recording devices used a wire, and I think an early echo device used one.
Ah, the good old days of trying to figure out where to put the RadioShack tape recorder so the entire band could be heard and not just the loud ass drums.

Flint Peacewood

Half-staff Member
Apr 20, 2022
NE Ohio
Ah, the good old days of trying to figure out where to put the RadioShack tape recorder so the entire band could be heard and not just the loud ass drums.
For sure. Knowledge of electronics was still growing. The formulas that speaker designers use didn't even exist at the time. Jimmy Page was one of the early engineers who would mic from a distance.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings