Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

I thought maybe nobrand shells with Ludwig heads. Unmarked cymbals I assumed were no-brand. Seems an ok price - let the family band begin! :)
The heads a good too. Included cymbals are always trash, but the high hat is decent. The put everything in it at a good quality that was necessary. Kick pedal is alright.

• Gravy
  • Love
Reactions: adi and wetwillie
Can't say for sure without pictures, Eddie.
From multiple angles with shadow-less lighting.
We'll wait.
Well, deal is I have to pare the team down from 9-ish to 4-ish. I just don't see how I could manage with less than that. Gonna sell ALL my PA and recording gear other than a mid-sized Mackie mixer and a coupla powered Peavy cabinets and monitors.

Well, deal is I have to pare the team down from 9-ish to 4-ish. I just don't see how I could manage with less than that. Gonna sell ALL my PA and recording gear other than a mid-sized Mackie mixer and a coupla powered Peavy cabinets and monitors.

Yeah, I'm trying to slim down my collection. I keep saying I'm gonna have a sale but every time someone touches a bass I say not that one!

Selling (or just getting rid of gear) is overrated and not as liberating as you’d think. When I moved way back when, I sold and gave away everything except for a dozen boxes and two suitcases. No furniture, nothing. I’ll admit, that was liberating but it was also different circumstances.

I miss every bass that passed through my grip to this day, except the ones I bought just to flip.

Keep your stuff.

Which reminds me. I still have the SX Nukes gave me and now I’m not able to ship it to the next poor fucker who needs a bass.

Selling (or just getting rid of gear) is overrated and not as liberating as you’d think. When I moved way back when, I sold and gave away everything except for a dozen boxes and two suitcases. No furniture, nothing. I’ll admit, that was liberating but it was also different circumstances.

I miss every bass that passed through my grip to this day, except the ones I bought just to flip.

Keep your stuff.

Which reminds me. I still have the SX Nukes gave me and now I’m not able to ship it to the next poor fucker who needs a bass.
I regret getting rid of one bass, my first. But only a little. It was an Ibanez gio. Yuck. Back then I didn’t know a set up would fix a bass. But tbh the neck was probably fuck from teenage abuse, so it’s not a big deal.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and wetwillie

Keep your stuff.

I keep forgetting I have this Peavy 5 string. "Grind". Find it, play it and think "this fucker plays nice, I really should keep it." It's nothing special - but it plays nice.

How do I convince someone else a 12 string bass dropped down to BEAD is a good thing? 🙃

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
It's just gear - you will suffer it, and gearhounds, for eternity. ISNA
Im good on everything except pedals. And maybe one more bass if I love it. And no more than one more cab. And then I’m good. But maybe I’ll pick electric guitar back up. Then I’m done. After I get a good tube amp for the guitar. Then I’m just back to needing pedals. But then I’m done I tell you. DONE!

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Strings
Im good on everything except pedals. And maybe one more bass if I love it. And no more than one more cab. And then I’m good. But maybe I’ll pick electric guitar back up. Then I’m done. After I get a good tube amp for the guitar. Then I’m just back to needing pedals. But then I’m done I tell you. DONE!
the big lebowski film GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

• Gravy
Reactions: adi