Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

wetwillie

Know-It-All Pee-Paw
May 24, 2018
Mid MIchigan
Thats Racist GIF
Screw it - wow did I get lost in the BBC code. Woo boy!! Well, fixed that shit. Tanks!

OOD

Yet ANOTHER ! Beautiful Bearded Rashner
Apr 16, 2016
I would think that quite a dialable rig. Nothing "wrong" with a coupla of 15"s - you got the punch (maybe not total spank but it IS bass :) ).
Mesa is good stuff, you should be all set. Congrats - cool.
I think speaker size is no longer an indication of tone. Probably was 30 years ago. These things do rumble though but I think that was designed intentionally, regardless of speaker size. Anyway, this head has a HPF witch cleans up as much of that rumble as you want. That and sweepable high and low mids makes this thing pretty versatile.

I've been mix and matching basses, heads, and cabs all day. Every piece of gear I've upgraded has done a lot to improver the sound. The best improvement came from the cab. I'm not surprised since that's the actual thing people hear.

OOD

Yet ANOTHER ! Beautiful Bearded Rashner
Apr 16, 2016
Just had an audition with a band. And have another audition coming up soon with another band.

Darth stop here

The first band doesn’t have a name yet but I’ll call them “Funky Band”. I learned 11 songs for Funky Band almost flawlessly. This included a lot of funk and R&B which I am less familiar with than more general rock. I could tell the drummer was just going on the fly, not that he sounded bad, and the guitarist didn’t know more than 4 songs from the list he sent me. He even said “I don’t know why I sent some of these songs to you”. It would have saved me a lot of time if he’d just sent 5. Nice guys though and they have decent chops. The drummer is pretty solid. There’s supposed to be a keyboard player and female singer, but they were not there.

Band two is more classic rock. They sent me a set list spread not just a text of some songs, but I will just have to see how that audition goes. They do seem more put together, unlike Funky Band which is most definitely a start up consisting of musicians who have previously played together. The classic rock band already has a gig lined up they want me ready for and from of the sound of it they gig regularly.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and wetwillie