Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

That’s one of those weird ones. P pickup, J body. I thought about slapping a P pickup in my Jazz with a different pickguard, but I’d still be looking at it like it was a bastard child or something. My other bass (well, 1/2 mine as it’s a shared instrument) is a Classic Series ‘50s P, and it’s the sweetest looking thing ever. Black and Maple of course, with a gold anodized PG. If I get an older five string P in B&M, I’ll be getting a gold guard for it too.

2D9F5289-E6F1-4174-BB3B-F30DE0070BDF.jpeg

That’s one of those weird ones. P pickup, J body. I thought about slapping a P pickup in my Jazz with a different pickguard, but I’d still be looking at it like it was a bastard child or something. My other bass (well, 1/2 mine as it’s a shared instrument) is a Classic Series ‘50s P, and it’s the sweetest looking thing ever. Black and Maple of course, with a gold anodized PG. If I get an older five string P in B&M, I’ll be getting a gold guard for it too.

View attachment 13581
lovely bass immi baba :) black and maple is just classic :) i think sadowsky also makes P type bodies with the same config,
i would really like a P with a J neck on it but for now my mustang is doing the trick, i modded it too :p

lovely bass immi baba :) black and maple is just classic :) i think sadowsky also makes P type bodies with the same config,
i would really like a P with a J neck on it but for now my mustang is doing the trick, i modded it too :p

Ours is exactly like the one in the picture I posted, but that’s not mine. Ours looks brand new even though it’s a 2006. Somebody used it as wall art and put it on eBay, and we snagged it. Not a mark on it. It has the most stable neck ever, even without reinforcing rods. I haven’t had to adjust the TR or bridge in years. Good thing. It’s one,of those the neck has to be lifted off to get to the TR. Pfffffft

I also added the ashtray and pickup cover just because. Cool.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and adi
Ours is exactly like the one in the picture I posted, but that’s not mine. Ours looks brand new even though it’s a 2006. Somebody used it as wall art and put it on eBay, and we snagged it. Not a mark on it. It has the most stable neck ever, even without reinforcing rods. I haven’t had to adjust the TR or bridge in years. Good thing. It’s one,of those the neck has to be lifted off to get to the TR. Pfffffft

I also added the ashtray and pickup cover just because. Cool.
thats one thing musicman got bang on right, that truss rod wheel is genius :)

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant