Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

HipHugHer

Looks like Ted Nugent, Smells like Sasquatch
Apr 18, 2016
Marklar
₥89,643.86
I don't know all the different models of Schecters and I've held and played far more guitars of theirs than basses but there's been some that were like holy shit this is nice and worth every bit of $700, or more. Some also were kinda nothing special but totally on par with a mexican fender. Never got ahold of one that was low-grade or anything like that.

Might not be a popular brand or might have a marketing image geared towards the metal crowd or whatever but they're not bad instruments and some of them really good.

wetwille

Vegan Bow Hunter
May 24, 2018
Mid MIchigan
Marklar
₥53,753.48
I don't know all the different models of Schecters and I've held and played far more guitars of theirs than basses but there's been some that were like holy shit this is nice and worth every bit of $700, or more. Some also were kinda nothing special but totally on par with a mexican fender. Never got ahold of one that was low-grade or anything like that.

Might not be a popular brand or might have a marketing image geared towards the metal crowd or whatever but they're not bad instruments and some of them really good.
I think the build is fine, they just seem to lack zing. I've had 2. I've also sold 2 ;)

Immigrant

full of tales of hot tail
Apr 26, 2016
Marklar
₥43,313.59
I’ve had two Schecters, a P5 and a Model T.

The P5, I should’ve kept but I went through a phase of ditching all basses over 32” scale, and it was a 35”. Sold.

The Model T, also sold for the same reason, I would’ve put up against any American Fender P bass. Light also, around 8 lbs.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer

Immigrant

full of tales of hot tail
Apr 26, 2016
Marklar
₥43,313.59
Ibanez is one of the first major manufacturers to finally introduce a medium scale five string tuned B-G. If my spare nickels weren’t all going towards medical bills, they’d be going into a jar for one of these. In black, of course.