Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

I have enough components laying around here to build a 412 though I don't know that I really need one.
Might do it anyway just because everybody should have a big boy cab.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: wetwillie and OOD
I can bring it in pretty light for something so big. I still find it easier to roll around one bigger one than carry two smaller ones, IF it's designed right.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
Better yet 2x212 vertical stack.

I basically have the half-size version of that now, a 112 and a 12/6 that buckle together into one package to tilt back and roll around. They almost always stay latched together.
Maybe my back isn't bad enough to appreciate it yet but I find the modular thing to be more hassle than benefit.

Rather just have 3 cabs, small, medium, and large. Each one made the best it can be as it's own thing instead of part of something else.

Basically 210, 212, 412, all built more narrow and tall instead of awkward cubes.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and Immigrant
The 210 is a Hartke combo that needs rebuilding. That shitty OSB they used back then is deteriorating. Can rebuild that in a better shape too without gaining any weight, might even lose a little bit, might not, but won't gain.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and Strings
Cool as
Cool as they were I was glad to be rid of these pricks. Mesa Powerhouse, 140 lbs. My back!
View attachment 9567

Those were the worst cabs Mesa ever made. Guy we had a shared practice space with had one he let me plug into for practice whenever I wanted. Ick. Ended up leaving one of my cheap Carvins there. Much better, more "coherent" if that makes any sense.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie