Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

What would be a good home recording program for my Mom?

Very simple, intuitive, and easy to use are absolute musts. No computer nerd knowledge or getting lost in a bazillion plugins needed.
Interface that looks like gear. Click on a knob/slider and move it. No entering a bunch of numbers to set parameters, etc.
Need to be able to email files back and forth and very easily put it on the screen and add to or work on what the other person did.
Windows PC or laptop if that matters, nobody has apple stuff.
A few acceptable enough basic drum sounds for programming those tracks. The rest would be sang on a 58 or played Mic'd up or direct real instruments.
The more simple point/click/turn knob/push button the better.

In other words, what would be quick and intuitive to get up and running for a 70 year old who's last work was done on a tascam 4-track cassette.

Very simple, intuitive, and easy to use are absolute musts. No computer nerd knowledge or getting lost in a bazillion plugins needed.
Interface that looks like gear. Click on a knob/slider and move it. No entering a bunch of numbers to set parameters, etc.
Need to be able to email files back and forth and very easily put it on the screen and add to or work on what the other person did.
A few acceptable enough basic drum sounds for programming those tracks. The rest would be sang on a 58 or played Mic'd up or direct real instruments.

In other words, what would be quick and intuitive to get up and running for a 70 year old who's last work was done on a tascam 4-track cassette.
this is a futile effort, broads dont know the first thing about recording

I think this is about as simple as it can get. She can save(export) as .mp3. She can add tracks to play at same time from mp3s others send back to her, if they played in time with HER recording. Or they can save the files as projects and send back/forth.
THis is based on the original Audacity used by millions, just a more modern interface, few re-arrangings of tools and settings. IT's free, open-source.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and adi
I think this is about as simple as it can get. She can save(export) as .mp3. She can add tracks to play at same time from mp3s others send back to her, if they played in time with HER recording. Or they can save the files as projects and send back/forth.
THis is based on the original Audacity used by millions, just a more modern interface, few re-arrangings of tools and settings. IT's free, open-source.
View attachment 9471

Thanks for this, Eddie. I'll look into it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and adi