Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

It's a great cab.

It's an impressive cab. I would have paid a hundred bucks more for the Aguilar I tried out, not double like it was marked for. The Hartke is also a good size. Two stacked will be the height of an 810. It'll be nice having it closer to my ear.

Aguilar is like Mesa where you pay lot just for the name. $100 worth of actually better and the rest for the label seems about right.

Although the DB750 was one hell of an amp. Those things sound monstrous. Still not paying double the price of a GK though.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
The Hartke came in. This weird thing happened. I plugged it in and it had this rattling sound even at low volumes so I cranked the volume up and I haven't heard it since. Is this going to be a time bomb? I don't understand how it worked it's way out.

The Hartke came in. This weird thing happened. I plugged it in and it had this rattling sound even at low volumes so I cranked the volume up and I haven't heard it since. Is this going to be a time bomb? I don't understand how it worked it's way out.
Just clearing it's throat.

• Gravy

Take a handle off and look inside. Could be a wire resting on the back of the speaker cone.

Also possible it could've got dropped or handled rough during shipment.

• Gravy
But seriously, it might have been something small like a screw that has no fallen into the fiberglass inside and won't show up again until you turn the cab over/sideways. Probably some asshole thought he'd throw a screw at a co-worker, missed and it jumped in there.

• Gravy
After spending way too much time A/Bing my TCE cab with the Hartke I've decided I'm cool with the TCE so I'm taking the Hartke back.

Now I have a wild hair. I just ordered the same TCE 115 combo that I used to make my cab. I'm going to rewire it with outputs that let me use it as a stand alone combo or a stack. Then I'm going to buy a 2ohm amp and come out cheaper than I would have with a second Hartke cab.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
After spending way too much time A/Bing my TCE cab with the Hartke I've decided I'm cool with the TCE so I'm taking the Hartke back.

Now I have a wild hair. I just ordered the same TCE 115 combo that I used to make my cab. I'm going to rewire it with outputs that let me use it as a stand alone combo or a stack. Then I'm going to buy a 2ohm amp and come out cheaper than I would have with a second Hartke cab.
:waw:

:p

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and Immigrant

Mad science dude.

• Gravy

What?

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie