Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

Those were a budget line with some el cheapo speakers in them.

A decent quality 410 or 212 with 200-300 watts to hit it with is pretty much the standard for carrying the room at your typical local bar with a few dozen noisy drunks in it.
Yeah honestly the price of quality amplification is really high. Some of the cheap stuff can surprise you but that GK I had couldn't keep up with my TC 115 and its also a cheap cab (converted from a bg250 combo) I really would benefit from sucking it up and getting something nice. I can't justify it right now. I might be able to if I start looking for more gif opportunities.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I'd play a nursing home with a 110 and a pocket head.
We get a little loud in some of them. Old folks will surprise you. They like to rock too. We have one we play at that has one woman who rolls away cussing us cause it's too loud. Everyone else there rocks out. I'm scared someone will fall and break a hip.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I'm not up on all the newest stuff. I will say look at 112's while you're at it too. Same deal where one will handle what you're doing now and a pair handle louder stuff.

Even a 212 in the right form factor isn't too bad to carry around. Meaning narrower than it is tall with the speakers lined up on top each other, instead of being a big cube like a 410 is.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
We get a little loud in some of them. Old folks will surprise you. They like to rock too. We have one we play at that has one woman who rolls away cussing us cause it's too loud. Everyone else there rocks out. I'm scared someone will fall and break a hip.

You should play her a song first on acoustic, just natural volume. It's gotta suck being the only one in the nursing home who's hearing is still good.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and nukes
You should play her a song first on acoustic, just natural volume. It's gotta suck being the only one in the nursing home who's hearing is still good.
I always start acoustic and it's never loud. Dumbo sits at the front every time. She could go to the back and it would perfect for her and everyone else but she goes to bed instead. She's just a bitter old woman looking for something to be mad at. To tell you the truth, I bet she enjoys getting pissed and going to bed. It's probably the highlight of her day.

I always start acoustic and it's never loud. Dumbo sits at the front every time. She could go to the back and it would perfect for her and everyone else but she goes to bed instead. She's just a bitter old woman looking for something to be mad at. To tell you the truth, I bet she enjoys getting pissed and going to bed. It's probably the highlight of her day.
Throw Her The Bone.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and Immigrant