Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

Does it destroy a 410 tone wise or volume wise?
I've actually thought this out to a great degree. If you're not cranking at 8:10, don't bother with an 8-10. It's wired at 16 ohms and you're not pushing any of the individual 10-inch speakers at all unless you're cranking and SVT or an SVT powered Thang. You're going to get way better tone at less volume from a 410.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
They're usually 4ohms not 16.

Yes they're louder.

If you're not cranking the 410 you be carrying twice the size and weight for nothing.

At the same time they can be easier to move as they tilt back and roll as if they're already on a moving dolly.

Speakers up closer to the ear instead of hitting the back of the knees makes it easier to hear.

They're overkill for your current gigs.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and OOD
The original 810 cabinets were designed for when there was no front of house support from giant PA systems with subwoofers etc etc.
So most large bars probably? I've struggled to keep up with drummers with a GK back line 410 + 210. Though I don't think running those two cabs together helped any, probably just held the 410 back.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
So most large bars probably? I've struggled to keep up with drummers with a GK back line 410 + 210. Though I don't think running those two cabs together helped any, probably just held the 410 back.

Those were a budget line with some el cheapo speakers in them.

A decent quality 410 or 212 with 200-300 watts to hit it with is pretty much the standard for carrying the room at your typical local bar with a few dozen noisy drunks in it.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
Most likely both but the 810 for sure.

Nursing home activity room is more combo amp or 210 cab territory. Can always turn a larger one down.

I'm might go 410 when I upgrade. If I end up needing to. That way I've got some room to turn up for an odd gig, just in case.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer