Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

I've been busy! I purchased two triple guitar stands and a single. Right now almost all my basses have a place to rest which doesn't mess up the paint in my mangina cave.
I've also restrung four basses in the past month. Albatross has D'addario tapewounds. Prettygirl has D'addario nickel rounds. Reflex HSS 5 has Slinkys. The Crackercaster also has Slinkys.

Apparently, I believe all monies belong in the Bass Infrastructure ™

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
Our band has gone IEM. I wear this thingy on my belt and these earbuds pop into my ears. I'm not ampless yet because we'd need to add a subwoofer to the EV Evolve array.
I'm not gonna lie, the in ear mix is shitty regarding my bass sound. It reduces a $2000 amp to sounding more like a $200 amp.
IEMs help with vocal monitoring in a big way. It's almost like we live in the 21st century now.

Well.
Whether the basses look good in their trees or not, the desired effect is working. I just played 3 basses with minimal effort.
It's grab and go.
Plug and play.
Ironically, Albatross is fucking KVLT. The B, E and A strings growl at a deep death metal level.
Who woulda thunk a hippie Sammich was capable of such rauciousness?

I'm driving to PA to trade the EBMM Reflex bass for a hand crafted MF lutherie 6 string fretless ABG from Montreal.
It's the bass of a lifetime.
I'm actually going to take lessons again I want this bass to inspire me.
Once I can fluidly jazz solo I'll become a traveling minstrel and play for tater tots and hot sauce in New Orleans.

This has been the "Year Of The Setup".
I finally learned how to tweak my own basses.
I've changed strings and set up at least 5 of my basses.
The 5 string fretless P is a hidden jewel.
Surf green with a cocobolo fingerboard, maple fretlines.
Took me forever to get the action just right.
And it sings through the Two Notes Le Bass!
My technique is strange. I do a tweak then play it for a day or two, then tweak again.
I'm becoming a Master Tweaker!

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
So I went into Guitar Center a week ago to look for some ultralite cabs and ended up with a $2000 bass. EBMM Bongo 5 HH in Harvest Orange.
Dave LaRue and John Myung both play Bongo basses. It's like the best Vegas bass for metal!
My Gear Life™ is at a 10!

My financial life is an integer...