WTF Story Time

When I was 17 I hitchhiked to Florida from Michigan to see a girl. Guy picked me up in mid Tennessee who was going to FLorida - great. He was 40 something and had left a 14 yr. old girl knocked up back in Ohio.:rolleyes::eek: Anyway, we're in Georgia and it's late, he says let's get a bottle before we get to a dry county and pull over and get some sleep. We do so on a dirt road in lower Georgia, maybe 20 miles before FL. I wake up - he doesn't. Heart attack. So, my 17 yr. old self has to walk to the nearest house, have dogs promptly called out on me and the sheriff called. Eventually after checking the guy out and calling my mom they release me and drive me to the GA/FL line. "Get ya hair cut before ya come back to GA!":lol:

When I was 17 I hitchhiked to Florida from Michigan to see a girl. Guy picked me up in mid Tennessee who was going to FLorida - great. He was 40 something and had left a 14 yr. old girl knocked up back in Ohio.:rolleyes::eek: Anyway, we're in Georgia and it's late, he says let's get a bottle before we get to a dry county and pull over and get some sleep. We do so on a dirt road in lower Georgia, maybe 20 miles before FL. I wake up - he doesn't. Heart attack. So, my 17 yr. old self has to walk to the nearest house, have dogs promptly called out on me and the sheriff called. Eventually after checking the guy out and calling my mom they release me and drive me to the GA/FL line. "Get ya hair cut before ya come back to GA!":lol:
The middle aged me would prop him up like Weekend At Bernie's riding shotgun and drive myself within a mile of my destination.
Find a burner phone and call an anonymous tip in to the fuzz. " Hey police Dudes there's a stiff riding shotgun at 88th and 3rd. He croaked a while back so I drove most of the way myself. Please get him before the gasses begin to swell. Peace out!"

When I was 17 I hitchhiked to Florida from Michigan to see a girl. Guy picked me up in mid Tennessee who was going to FLorida - great. He was 40 something and had left a 14 yr. old girl knocked up back in Ohio.:rolleyes::eek: Anyway, we're in Georgia and it's late, he says let's get a bottle before we get to a dry county and pull over and get some sleep. We do so on a dirt road in lower Georgia, maybe 20 miles before FL. I wake up - he doesn't. Heart attack. So, my 17 yr. old self has to walk to the nearest house, have dogs promptly called out on me and the sheriff called. Eventually after checking the guy out and calling my mom they release me and drive me to the GA/FL line. "Get ya hair cut before ya come back to GA!"
Geezus you have stories.

When I was in my 20s in Nebraska, a guy at work told a group of us that he hitchhiked from Iowa to California and of picked up by a guy along the way, out in the middle of nowhere. This was at the gigantic food factory, with about 200 of us on swing shift.

Then he divulged how the guy made him give him a beej and there was no way he was getting out of the car until he did, and the coworker did it. He made it sound like he was scared, lost, and must’ve really wanted that ride bad.

His wife worked at the same plant on the same shift and word of it got to her. She divorced him almost immediately, not because of the beej, but because he told us.

I know you're biblically old, but still... That's an amazing amount of death to stumble on.

:fly:
I am counting two parents and a spouse, but yeah, it is. FUcked up. Found my first around age 11 - dude drank himself to death, found him in an alley. He had bought 3 pints. Never made it to number 4.