Storage Space

FlamingGlory said:
:-O

I had this installed in 10 minutes... Of course my computer took about 20 minutes to get past BIOS because the drives were all set on autodetect (2 on SATA, 3 on seperate IDE controllers).

I really just bought it because it was a kickass deal. I still haven't seen the drive for cheaper. plus, I wanna use it as my primary drive. So, that means reinstalling a buncha apps and stuff. I'm not up for that. I think about it, then I think about BF2.

SpangeMonkee said:
I really just bought it because it was a kickass deal. I still haven't seen the drive for cheaper. plus, I wanna use it as my primary drive. So, that means reinstalling a buncha apps and stuff. I'm not up for that. I think about it, then I think about BF2.
:lol:

You could map it onto the same partition as the other one. Not sure what it's called in Windows either... Or if you can.

SpangeMonkee said:
I still have a 300GB Seagate and a new PSU that has been sitting in the box for a couple of months. *sigh* straight lazy.

I've got you beat. I've had 4 300 gig drives and a 500 watt PSU sitting on my workbench for three months because I've been to lazy to install them.

On the plus side, my new iPod Video that came yesterday is shiny.

b_sinning said:
You thinking of nmap? He could just ghost it.
Am I thinking of port scanning? 0_o

No I meant expanding one logical partition across multiple physical drives. He's right though, it's very ghetto.

I was thinking of something else. I was doing some security scans while I was typing that. Doh! I was using retina though. Guess I just had scaning on the brain.

b_sinning said:
I was thinking of something else. I was doing some security scans while I was typing that. Doh! I was using retina though. Guess I just had scaning on the brain.
It's good you dont work with anything dangerous, like explosives, or mexican food.

Pandora said:
4 300 gig drives wasting away, and a Video iPod.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I want a 300 gig hd for christmas :D I wouldn't let it waste away either.
I have a ton of vid cam tapes I want to video editing to. My crappy 80 gig can't handle it anymore.